DJI Go 2.9.1

Reaction score
I just did some testing of the new VPS on/off feature of this update on my P4. Tested in P mode.

With it turned on (default) anything less than 3m over water it operates as expected. Hover is unstable with the altitude jumping over 1m up and down. Go to 9m and it was stable as expected.

With it turned off, it was just a tiny bit more stable over water, maybe jumping about .5m. But it still was jumping so I don't know whats going on there.

Over land with it off, the altitude seemed stable within a few inches, but the P4 tended to drift side to side like it was in ATTI mode.

Once I tried to turn the VPS back on during flight, I got an immediate red error saying VPS failed. Please land immediately.

So although they added this feature, my experience using it it less than stellar. Others please chime in.

I cannot look at my flight logs since they no longer work in the DJI log viewer.

Your explanation above indicates that VPS was in reality not turned off. Are you sure you turned it off?

Did you read anywhere on DJI site that DJI has provided feature to turn off VPS for P4?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The new DJI Go app (2.9.1) has an on/off button feature added in the app now.
"Enable Visual Positioning System"

This is what I tested and the results of turning this on and off.

That's all I can say about it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic