dji go 2.8 app reverts to P4

Reaction score
I received my P3P back from DJI repair yesterday. The AC came with the latest FW, and I updated the RC to the latest FW also. Now I need to link my RC to the AC. After calling DJI to get the correct procedure for the P3P, it still won't connect. DJI tells me to press the forward button above the VPS on the side with the mini usb port. There are no buttons in those two holes. I took off that panel to verify. So, I'm forced to use the red light method from the P3S. This doesn't work either. Now part of the problem may be the DJI Go app (v2.8) is looking for a P4 (so am I, lol). I select the P3P from the drop down menu, and as soon as I plug the phone into the RC, it reverts back to the P4. This happens with my iphone 5, and ipad mini 2. Both devices are running ios 9.2.1, until the bugs are fixed in 9.3.1. I have tried different cables with each device, deleted and restarted each device and reinstalled the app. Still reverts to the P4 when attached to the RC. So frustrated waiting for DJI support to open to us on the east coast.

Watch the following video:

Don't bother for P4 as that's the default setting, once you link RC with AC, it will know what model you have.

Did all that alokbhargava, thanks. As it turns out, DJI sent me a Phantom 3 4K, instead of my P3P. Apparently the 4K's link up differently, and use a different controller. DJI has requested pics to prove what I claim, and are conducting an investigation. Hope to have my P3P back soon.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20