DJI Go 2.8.6 iOS version is out today

alokbhargava

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
DJI Go 2.8.6 iOS version is out today. It's expected to fix GPS error issue.

More details when I test it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Also enables rtmp steaming ... I wish they would also list bug fixes in better detail. Like, the flight records sync issue, is it fixed? 2.8.5 update said it would be fixed. But this release says nothing.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    544.4 KB · Views: 728
Alokbhargava, just curious-
I have a stock P3P (W323B), currently using firmware v1.8.8, RC (GL300C) v1.6.0 and GO app v2.8.1.
Seems to work pretty well with my iPad and Headplay with a reliable range of 1-2 miles using windsurfers.

However, I'm thinking of moving up to a later or current version of the GO app such as v2.8.4 or v2.8.6 to use some of the new features.

Do you or does anyone know if any issues or limitations are introduced by using these later versions of GO apps?
Or do different versions of the GO app have no affect on range and general flight performance?

Thanks

The past couple of revs past 1.6 have not engendered the sturm und drang of a number of previous ones. The GEO system roll out has actually been remarkably quiet compared to the beta. There are lot of people who don't like the concept of it, but implementation seems OK.

The only thing that I've seen mentioned recently is an increased propensity for the GPS system to freak out and unlock. This appears intermittent but fairly wide spread. I've had it a couple of times on 1.6 on two P3s. In both cases I just flew in ATTI mode for a few minutes and the lock came back. It think DJI tweaked the GPS system to be more sensitive to interruption for whatever reason. I have noted that putting my hand over the GPS module gets both Phantoms to immediately proclaim ATTI mode until the hand moves. That's a bit weird since I can sit on my Bad Elf GPS and have it happily figure out where my backside is.

The past couple of revs have also not yielded much in terms of improvements, so I'm planning on staying at 1.6 for the moment. Had to upgrade my newest bird to 1.6 because the 1.4 firmware would not work with my other RCs.

Alokbhargava, just curious-
I have a stock P3P (W323B), currently using firmware v1.8.8, RC (GL300C) v1.6.0 and GO app v2.8.1.
Seems to work pretty well with my iPad and Headplay with a reliable range of 1-2 miles using windsurfers.

However, I'm thinking of moving up to a later or current version of the GO app such as v2.8.4 or v2.8.6 to use some of the new features.

Do you or does anyone know if any issues or limitations are introduced by using these later versions of GO apps?
Or do different versions of the GO app have no affect on range and general flight performance?

Thanks

If all is working well, no need to upgrade. Enjoy flying.

DJI Go 2.8.6 iOS version is out today. It's expected to fix GPS error issue.

More details when I test it.

What's the gps error? I've lost touch with that one. Been flying very stable so I haven't had the need to upgrade for a while. I'm not that far behind though. Couple revs pre geo I think.

Reactions: Peter Merling
What's the gps error? I've lost touch with that one. Been flying very stable so I haven't had the need to upgrade for a while. I'm not that far behind though. Couple revs pre geo I think.
He may be talking about what I had mentioned above. That would be interesting if true. It sure would be nice, DJI, if you bothered to tell us just what you 'fixed'.

Reactions: Digdat0
He may be talking about what I had mentioned above. That would be interesting if true. It sure would be nice, DJI, if you bothered to tell us just what you 'fixed'.
Maybe but you're referencing old firmware. I don't really take current fixes to reference firmware that far back but I do agree that they should be more specific even when they're trying to be.

I tried testing it today in an open field for 15 minutes. All seems to be ok. I noticed GPS lock at less number of satellites say 6-7 and got locked quickly and appeared to be stable. These are first impressions. I used the following combos on my system with iPad :

96423b05042d8d9b4dde3a1481717ad3.jpg

We used to get GPS lost messages in flight logs even though GPS was locked.

Reactions: Digdat0
I tried testing it today in an open field for 15 minutes. All seems to be ok. I noticed GPS lock at less number of satellites say 6-7 and got locked quickly and appeared to be stable. These are first impressions. I used the following combos on my system with iPad :

96423b05042d8d9b4dde3a1481717ad3.jpg

Is that 6 or 7 satellites less, or only 6 or 7 satellites ?

I normally have 18-20

Im still running Pilot app, yes pilot app, not go. 1.2.6 and its worked flawsly for over a year. Very stable and have not had issues. I fly at least once a week for over a year.
just make sure you have a dedicated tablet and run in airplane mode. Once the tab connects to a wifi, you, ll be forced to upgrade. Ive been very particular about not upgrading.
craft flies as well as day one.

I used my standard today for 2 long runs and locked on 12 both trips . I see
no changes in the update . I went out this evening and didn't get but 9 but that's about normal here at my house .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31