DJI Gimbal vs other gimbals

Reaction score
Once again, please excuse the n00b type question...

When shopping for a gimbal, what should one look for? I've seen them range in price from sub $100 to almost $400. What makes DJI's h3-2d zenmuse so much better than the other gimbals? I'm probably missing something obvious but have no clue as to what.

everyone has a different opinion. Some will say their tarot is better or their arris is the best. I personally like the zenmuse because it is literally plug and play. If you have a phantom 2, you connect it and enable it in the software and you can control tilt from your phone, no extra work required. It also connects to the gopro which means the video feed runs through to zenmuse and you don't need any cables out of the side of the gopro. I also have a goodluckbuy gimbal. The gopro is literally velcro strapped into the gimbal and you see a lot of exposed wires. Its not as clean of a look as the zenmuse. I thought the zenmuse was a good gimbal back when it was $679. now at just under $200 with it packaged on the P2, its a great deal.

The $100 gimbals are fine but keep in mind you'll have to do some work to get it function correctly. A little soldering and purchase a video out feed cable for the gopro. It really depends on what you are looking for. Should I fly into a tree, the last thing I want are exposed wires to snag a branch and get ripped out. Break one of those wires with the special wire harness, you'll have a heck of a time finding another wire.

Now if you want really nice video, the 3 axis gimbal is the way to go. The arris CM3000 is pretty nice. The benefit of the 3 axis gimbal is it removes the yaw twitch you commonly see. For example, look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyHKB0BeeaU the video is nicely done but do you see the small twitches here and there? very noticeable in the first few seconds. The 3rd axis removes that. If you are flying a phantom 1, you will get about 3 or 4 minutes of flight time so depending on what you are filming, it might not be worth it. If you are flying a Phantom 2, you should see 15 minutes of flight time so it should be worth it then. Once again, just like with a none zenmuse gimbal, you are looking at it not being plug and play and it is going to have its own software which you'll need to learn.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers