DJI GEO Coming to Your P3 Soon

Just don't update the app or the firmware...Will you always choose to update forever even when what you have is doing perfectly well?
Easy fix! Don't buy a unit that requires this system.
Come on people .. there's no excuse for this much ignorance and fear. This isn't infowars.com

If you'd read the thread before automatically making such stupid responses you might realise that what you fear is exactly the opposite of what DJI is proposing.
To make it easy for you, read this one post and take the time to watch the video.
DJI GEO Coming to Your P3 In Dec | Page 10 | DJI Phantom Forum

Come on people .. there's no excuse for this much ignorance and fear. This isn't infowars.com

If you'd read the thread before automatically making such stupid responses you might realise that what you fear is exactly the opposite of what DJI is proposing.
To make it easy for you, read this one post and take the time to watch the video.

You have a bad habit of calling others stupid just because they don't agree with you.

You have a bad habit of calling others stupid just because they don't agree with you.

You quoted his post but must not have read it. He referenced responses, not individuals. No point in twisting things around.

vj512.jpg

Reactions: huntjock
well dang it, does this mean I can't fly over the White House anymore ?

(Latest Firmware does not let you erase all the internal files, aka, flight log)

Last edited:
I have been ask to fly professionally and make pictures around an airport here in Indonesia, needless to say that I was not able to, even though I had the appropriate clearances, I know that in the new firmware you should be able to remove such restrictions, but DJI is the only one that complicates the hell out of users by assuming that their customers don't have enough judgment to fly a phantom responsibly. I don't have a choice other than part from that company ( I have owned 6 phantoms so far) and look for other drone manufacturer that don't imposes such burdening geofencing restrictions. I am an airline pilot here and I feel I have enough judgment to fly a phantom, I don't want DJI to make that decision for me.

I have been ask to fly professionally and make pictures around an airport here in Indonesia, needless to say that I was not able to, even though I had the appropriate clearances, I know that in the new firmware you should be able to remove such restrictions, but DJI is the only one that complicates the hell out of users by assuming that their customers don't have enough judgment to fly a phantom responsibly. I don't have a choice other than part from that company ( I have owned 6 phantoms so far) and look for other drone manufacturer that don't imposes such burdening geofencing restrictions. I am an airline pilot here and I feel I have enough judgment to fly a phantom, I don't want DJI to make that decision for me.
"Anyone" excuse quote can fly a P3, you are in my estimation a pilot as said by yourself, for my p3 it's a 2nd in the air experience, would you be as so kind as in your experience to call/tell/help us novices understand the dynamics of your now hobby & how interaction between both can effected each other, thank you

Of course these will be able to be hacked. I own several other quads that use mission planner software. For now that program shows you no fly zones, but does not limit your ability to fly where you want. The key to all this is, people should fly only line of site anyway. But most people with DJI and similar quads fly way beyond legality, at least in the United States. Flying these responsible means keeping safety as the priority and not how high or far someone can go.

Some people will follow the rules and others will not. Such is life.

Isnt line of sight, or line of a spotters sight?

I look forward to updates. I enjoy the procedure I guess. Downloading a zipped bag of goodies. Not knowing what all is in there, but eager to tear it open and find all the best bits and bites.

Go and new firmware, kept improving the Phantom flight experience and now our first class seats may get degraded?
That's disappointing. Well let's see how it all turns out.

RedHotPoker
You could just reinstall everything. Use the service file to get back to some ancient state and upload each new version and keep track of the changes. Should keep you out of trouble for some period of time....

Isnt line of sight, or line of a spotters sight?

RTFM. Your own, non augmented eyeballs. There is a reason for this. You might not think the reason is important enough to follow, but it isn't that the FAA is bunch of unhappy old men (that's the FBI). The reason is situational awareness. If you are LOS, you can see that aircraft blundering into your flightpath. Or the tree or building or power lines. FPV gives you only a very narrow view of the world. The spotter can pretty much tell you that your drone is going to be subject to a rapid unscheduled disassembly in a few seconds by saying "Oh ****" or something similar. Not much else.

It is not illegal to modify hardware or software you own. Might be against the software license, but not illegal. Just like it's not illegal to jailbreak your iPhone.

Actually, in the US at least it was illegal to jailbreak phones purchased after 2013 but the law was changed in 2015 to reverse the legality making it now legal but your statement that "it is not illegal to modify hardware or software you own" is a bit incorrect. In most licenses for software, you only have a right to use the software and the terms are more analogous to a lease than owning (at least that is the case in the US).

Reactions: alokbhargava
RTFM. Your own, non augmented eyeballs. There is a reason for this. You might not think the reason is important enough to follow, but it isn't that the FAA is bunch of unhappy old men (that's the FBI). The reason is situational awareness. If you are LOS, you can see that aircraft blundering into your flightpath. Or the tree or building or power lines. FPV gives you only a very narrow view of the world. The spotter can pretty much tell you that your drone is going to be subject to a rapid unscheduled disassembly in a few seconds by saying "Oh ****" or something similar. Not much else.
Thought I seen that somewhere FAA, I thought that it was you had to be connected with head set and be in constant communication of some thing like that, isnt that what the camera is for?

now before I look at buying some fpv,
Can you let ALL these guys know they are dummies then?
FPV (First Person View) | DJI Phantom Forum

Or .. you could be patient and wait till they bring this in.
Watch the video to see what they are planning
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sorry if this has been covered, does the latest P3P update 1.6 include the new geo fencing update?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic