DJI FPV rc car that uses Phantom controller

Reaction score
It doesn't exist, but it would be a fun toy for non drony times. I think there could be a market for it, and it wouldn't cut into drone sales, because it would be marketed to people who already own DJI products. I'd buy one.

Reactions: flpholt
Straight up. The amount of fun I've had with my P3 has made me thinking about getting some sort of wheeled vehicle. After my P3 experience, I'd be happy to buy a DJI one, *especially* if it worked with my existing controller! Would be smart for them as it would encourage sales for owners of either.

If you want surface, buy surface. There is no need to play with them both together... Hahaha
I have a monster car that is excitement defined. Big block Savage X 4.6. by hpi racing. '69 Dodge Charger RT. By todays standards it's rather slow at 45mph but she still rocks the dirty trails. Burns nitro fuel, so it is loud, and can be a bit messy with the oil-fuel mix, but so much good clean fun non the less.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I need to get it out in the dirt, more often. Ya

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
You could attach a small FPV camera on it, if you like.
I have a replay XD 1080p which I have mounts for. Though it won't send any video back to a headset, only record its journey.
But I only drive it, by VLOS. ;-)

RedHotPoker

I was thinking about fpv for my rc truck. Any ideas on what to look at? I was contemplating wifi but only gives you 100' or so range...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

GoPro? Depends on your budget, and whether you wish to use it elsewhere.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
There are numerous RC cameras available for FPV.
If video quality isn't important, you can buy a much cheaper unit.

RedHotPoker

Check the RC plane catalogs. I arrived at my usual flying site, local soccer complex, last week and a father and son team were flying their electric RC planes and they had FPV on them. They offered to let me 'ride along' with a second pair of goggles and it was really COOL! Only issue would be that the frequencies that they were using required a FCC license for the transmitter. No test involved, just an application. The units were small, light and had more than enough range for the aircraft (100's of meters).

I love to build crawlers but this guy is over the top! He has some very cool FPV videos. Very detailed rigs with working speedometers, compass, shifters, cameras, you name it!

Of course you can't forget boats...

and while a different person, how about underwater! :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31