DJI FPV HUB AVL58 iOSD INSTALL PICTURES

CraigInDallas said:
pgesler said:
Is it possible to use this Hub with the DJI F450 or F550?
I believe you actually can.

The instructions say to attach "the 8 pin cable reserved in the Phantom 2" to the FPV Hub. This cable does not exist in the F550. What would take the place of this cable?

MTNestr said:
The instructions say to attach "the 8 pin cable reserved in the Phantom 2" to the FPV Hub. This cable does not exist in the F550. What would take the place of this cable?

You will need to connect it to the GCU... This is the best pic i could find in a hurry.
gcu.jpg

Dallas-Aerial said:
MTNestr said:

You will need to connect it to the GCU... This is the best pic i could find in a hurry.
gcu.jpg

Thanks

I assume this connection would be to the Can-Bus connection?? Would that connection also carry the data needed by the OSD such as voltage, GPS, etc?

rmklaw said:
Actually, Guess what???? After going through all the trouble of installing the FPV using the DJI Hub, yesterday I took it all apart and installed everything inside (except the AVL58) without using the Hub. The installation is so much cleaner with no wires or other hardware outside (except the AVL58). Only two wires outside. The black wire to the AVL58 and the flat ribbon to the gimbal. It looks so much cleaner and there was plenty of room for everything inside.

Now I am happy.

I first installed the AVL58 and used that for months. It looks janky as hell underneath with all the wiring - even with the hub. Not only that, but with every antennae combination possible, I could only get about 500m max range before it went complete noise on the FPV screen.

I finally bit the bullet and got the immersion RC 600mw. This place is actually pretty good, right in Florida, very fast with items in stock.
http://www.getfpv.com/5-8ghz-600mw-vide ... l?___SID=U

I had to do a little extra DIY soldering, but WOW, you will not believe the difference. I'm still using the same diversity monitor / receiver I got for the AVL58 and the difference is huge. I was getting to the same range I did before with the AVL58 as it started to crackle and fade and it didn't even hiccup once. I have to do more testing and I'll max out the range to give the results and list the parts I use.

AVL 58 does work, but from actual experience, the immersionRC TX is way better and cost me the same.

I am going to follow the advice of moving the antennae away from the compass, but that will require some changes and drill holes.

ALSO... VERY IMPORTANT!!!. When mounting all that hub and wiring for the AVL58 on the belly. MAKE SURE you secure it very well. If it comes loose during flight and gets caught in a prop blade, say adios to your Phantom as it plummets to earth and pray it doesn't come down and hurt someone.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20