DJI Fly Logs

Reaction score
Just curious guys, does anyone know how to delete the Fly Logs from the internal memory of the aircraft? I've had MC Data Error for over a month now and after tons and tons of research and chattin with DJI it appears that the internal memory of the aircraft is full. I'm able to access the files via entering flight data mode thru the app and plugging the aircraft in via usb cable on the front of the aircraft. Once inside I have some pretty decent size video files taking up quite a bit of space. I've attempted to delete the files on Windows and after resetting the aircraft and plugging back in via usb files has returned. My next option will be attempting to format the disk of the internal memory. Has anyone had success deleting these files? Any help here i'd greatly appreciate it!
23k7k8k.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-09-05 at 9.27.26 AM.png

Last edited:
ANY HELP GUYS??
Go to MC Settings-- Top Left Quad Icon; Go to Advanced Settings: Select Flight Data Recorder; select OK to format data recorder. This will erase all the existing files on that card.

There is also an option to delete video cache - i forget where I saw it but 'its in there!'

I wish DJI released a **** manual, how to or even a basic data sheet on the GO app - most frustrating thing is to try and remember where esoteric settings were when you found them

@bobmyers I've tried that and it says "Format Data Recorder failed". It's funny because I have the "MC Data Error" but aircraft flies as if nothing is wrong, EVERYTHING stills functions perfectly. The last reported flight log was August 5, 2015. @jhoke I tried that and a restart and "MC Data Error" still exists...

Thats waht i do always.....
Also on the down button of options, there is that option.....

Just a thought - If you've connected through the USB cable and see the files, and then delete them (the ones you want gone) - don't forget to "Empty Recycle Bin" or "Empty Trash" (depending on your computer's OS). Otherwise the files still remain on the card.

There is also an option to delete video cache - i forget where I saw it but 'its in there!'

I wish DJI released a **** manual, how to or even a basic data sheet on the GO app - most frustrating thing is to try and remember where esoteric settings were when you found them

I apologize for double posting but I have the same problem -- so I created a Quicky Reference Card:

Professional - Free Quicky Reference™ Card for DJI GO App v2.2.0.x | DJI Phantom Forum

Andy.

If u use Android here how, open DJI Go app then click on Me icon on the bottom right then Setting, the clear video and photo cache options should be right there.

@bobmyers You won't believe this one. I took out a battery after flying and I decided to take a look inside the battery compartment with a flashlight and inside sure enough is a memory card. This is the memory card most likely that pops up when you enter flight data mode and are able to see the flight logs. I looked at mine again this weekend and it appears its a 4gb with 3.16gb being used leaving me with only 932mb of space. The memory card is in a very hard to reach place but I'm sure with the proper tools i'll be able to slide it out and to see if I can re-format the card and plug it back in to see if I still have this "MC Data Error"...What do you think?

@bobmyers You won't believe this one. I took out a battery after flying and I decided to take a look inside the battery compartment with a flashlight and inside sure enough is a memory card. This is the memory card most likely that pops up when you enter flight data mode and are able to see the flight logs. I looked at mine again this weekend and it appears its a 4gb with 3.16gb being used leaving me with only 932mb of space. The memory card is in a very hard to reach place but I'm sure with the proper tools i'll be able to slide it out and to see if I can re-format the card and plug it back in to see if I still have this "MC Data Error"...What do you think?
Yes, it is in there, I think you can reformat it from the app. There is an option to clear the data and they recommend backing the data up and then clearing it.. Let me check the app for the steps unless you already have it out.

@bobmyers I couldn't even get it out with the special tools that I have. I tried to "Format data recorder" which is an option in the app but it keeps failing...What i'm thinking is that the memory card might be corrupted and not allowing me to write any files to the card or it could be also that the card is **** near full also not allowing me to write files as well. I got a little frustrated trying to get it out, i'll try again tomorrow.

Attachments

• Data recorder failed.jpg
    Data recorder failed.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 619
No -- I am mistaken on that-- this is the video cache-- and not the flight records.

I think you can connect to the Phantom in the computer and clear that card. Maybe someone else will chime in here. I am going to try here in a bit.

@bobmyers I couldn't even get it out with the special tools that I have. I tried to "Format data recorder" which is an option in the app but it keeps failing...What i'm thinking is that the memory card might be corrupted and not allowing me to write any files to the card or it could be also that the card is **** near full also not allowing me to write files as well. I got a little frustrated trying to get it out, i'll try again tomorrow.
Can you connect the Phantom to the computer via the usb and get a reading on that card.?

There is a connection on the front.

@bobmyers Yes i'm, able to connect via usb cable and can see all the fly logs prior to getting the MC Data Error. I attempted to highlight them all and delete. They deleted and I restart aircraft. Once I plug the aircraft back in via usb cable, the files has returned...

@Kreso What do you suggest I do? I'm getting "MC Data Error" because there's no more space on the card for the aircraft to write. It's taking up 3.16gb of space leaving me only 932mb. I hear it's suppose to self delete after every startup but it's not. I'm assuming the card can be corrupted?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan