DJI Flamewheel F550 RTF?

rmklaw said:
FASTFJR said:
rmklaw said:
I have a Vision, a Phantom 2 and a F550 with ground station. The F550 is so much more stable. You can tell by flying them side by side in high winds. The F550 is solid as a rock.

Good to know, are you using a FPV on the F550? Is so which unit? 8 or 10 inch blades?

I did not notice any lights on the F550, how do you tell if you have a GPS lock? How about compass?

Thanks

Have not hooked up the FPV yet, but have the DJI Data Link ground station active. I am using 8" props with 5000mah 4s cells as recommended. Installed the battery under the bottom plate since I have the dome on top. I installed the LED on one of the rear legs and it is visible from distance and at altitude. The LED sequence tells you if you have GPS and how many or ATI, etc.

Thanks, I just watched the video at Helipal and saw the lights

FASTFJR said:
rmklaw said:
I have a Vision, a Phantom 2 and a F550 with ground station. The F550 is so much more stable. You can tell by flying them side by side in high winds. The F550 is solid as a rock.

Good to know, are you using a FPV on the F550? Is so which unit? 8 or 10 inch blades?

I did not notice any lights on the F550, how do you tell if you have a GPS lock? How about compass?

Thanks

I don't know of many 550 owners that fly 8 in. blades...I certainly don't. 10 in. blades only for me. There is indeed a light on the 330/450/550's..it's simply smaller. the one on the Phantom is a small light as well, it just has a large lens over it. The light on a flame wheel works the same, with many of the same lighting command sequences.

I just watch the build of the F550 on Heilpal. Doe the gimbal really just hang from zip ties? No screws like the Phantom? I'm not sure if I like the idea or not. If nothing else it makes it real easy to take off

If someone could give me the diameter of the F550 that would be great. I'm looking for frame and and prop

Thanks

FASTFJR said:
I just watch the build of the F550 on Heilpal. Doe the gimbal really just hang from zip ties? No screws like the Phantom? I'm not sure if I like the idea or not. If nothing else it makes it real easy to take off

If someone could give me the diameter of the F550 that would be great. I'm looking for frame and and prop

Thanks

The frame plates are about 219mm across (arm to arm)

The prop diameter is......wait for it.....550mm :D That's how multirotors are generally labeled or classed, by the diameter. The S800 = 800mm, Tarot 680Pro = 680mm, etc etc.

OI Photography said:
FASTFJR said:

Thanks

The prop diameter is......wait for it.....550mm :D That's how multirotors are generally labeled or classed, by the diameter. The S800 = 800mm, Tarot 680Pro = 680mm, etc etc.

And the DJI S1000 is? :lol:

OI Photography said:
FASTFJR said:

Thanks

Or 21.65354 inches

ElGuano said:
OI Photography said:
FASTFJR said:

Thanks

And the DJI S1000 is? :lol:

"Friggin huge" (+/- .01%)

EDIT: Or was that a trick question? I just noticed that it may actually be an 1100 instead of a 1000: http://aerialmediapros.com/store/home/4 ... 15-5d.html (specs at the bottom of the listing)

OI Photography said:
FASTFJR said:
Or 21.65354 inches

Correct, so here in the states I guess I'm flying a "DJI 21.65354"

Metric system always wins in efficiency lol

Now that is a geek T-Shirt logo: F-21.6535433070866 with a flame background.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers