DJI fixed my Vision+ GPS loss when activating video

Reaction score
DJI fixed mine!
I used to experience loss of GPS from 7-8- to 3-5 when activating video.
I tried aluminum foil, then copper foil.
There was a slight improvement, but not good enough.
I kept DJI informed on my modifications, they didn't approve, but were aware of the foil trick.
I returned it to DJI a month after purchasing it, I had it back in 4 days!
I assume this one is a newer unit with the ferrite things and larger GPS shielding that is mentioned online, it looks brand new, my crash evidence is not there.
I won't be opening it to check.
DJI emailed "We have replaced the GPS module, wireless repeater and video transmitter."
Personally, i think they swapped it out for one of the 'new improved' models, which would not necessarily make their statement false.
I should have noted the serial number.
I am a happy guy.
By the way, your credit card company can assist you with a defective product return for 60-90 days.
I had a 'chargeback' in progress, but I tested the model that they sent me (in lieu of a refund) several times over several days, and it works as advertized. I cancelled the dispute tonight.
Hope this helps.
Be responsible, this is not a toy, as I quickly found out!!
Don't hurt anyone or do anything to create bad press for the hobby. Get prop guards, they work fine, and it shows that you are responsible.

David8t4b99 said:
Don't hurt anyone or do anything to create bad press for the hobby. Get prop guards, they work fine, and it shows that you are responsible.

Good idea and motto.
You will chance that quickly into " Don't install prop guards !!! They cause VRS. They obvious make sure it plummets out of the sky uncontrollable especially for a nood. "

I am considering removing the prop guards, depending upon the type of flying that I do.
I have noticed a wobble on descent with the guards, and during a small gust, and viewed a video showing a problem blamed on the guards.

The unit was certainly much more responsive without the guards, like a rocket!
Decreasing the chance of loss of control by removing the guards is a plus.

I suspect, once I remove them, they will remain in their box.

For a quad beginner, like me a month ago, when I was discovering the GPS problem, the guards would have helped me.

Thanks for your reply!

If you remove the guards beware of the screws used.

The guards require longer screws.
If you reuse those without the guards they will damage the motor coils and you will be sending the quad back again.

Idk how many flights I made with guards on but I have not had any issues with them. I had moments of "thank God I had them on!" but it just depends person to person :)

Hi. I'm wondering and in relation to safety, aren't the new props stiffer and hence less safety than the 9443? I'm considering the new 9450 props but don't want to hurt me or anybody else in a worst scenario.

David8t4b99 said:
DJI fixed mine!
I used to experience loss of GPS from 7-8- to 3-5 when activating video.
--- fixed ---
I am a happy guy.
If all this is true, then I applaud DJI for a stand-up performance AND quick turnaround. (It has taken them longer than that to send me my Hi-Po props!)

I recently had the misfortune to send my Phantom Plus in for servicing at one of the newly designated DJI authorized service centers which had been located in Miami Fl.
I sent it in to correct an issue I was having while the quad was still under warranty, and had chosen a service center which was close to me.
In my correspondence with the company they mentioned a relatively quick turn around time for the repair work to be completed, and this made the prospect of using there services a no brainer, so I thought.
Long story short, after receiving the quad back from the above service center, I only found the model to have developed a new set of issues, one of which related to an inability to acquire a minimum of (6) satellites to fly in GPS mode. The other, I had found many of the internal plastic sleeves used to secure the upper/lower halves of the model had been broken, making it difficult to safely maintain the two sections together using the original set of screws.
A complaint into DJI LA office prompted an escalated RMA to return the model, and ultimately the model was replaced, all within a week of sending it in. Now that's service with a smile! : ) I can only suspect the botched up repair work was obvious, and replacement of the unit was quicker alternative than repair.

Good for you!
DJI needs to make these work correctly.
Any injuries that occur, with DJI knowing of a problem, would keep me up at night if I were them.
There will probably be a class action against them to make these right.
More people need to push them, as you and I have.
Fly safe.

A week turnaround? Wow, guys. Things have certainly improved with DJI, which is good to hear.

A couple of things...
Prop guards promote VRS. The only VRS I had was with prop guards.... they are in the box now.

The 9450 props are stiffer. I got a "Phantom bite" while hand catching... no fun, but my hand is still attached to my wrist. Just be careful, as always.

It seems like DJI solved a bunch of problems with the new "model", but time will tell.

Good to know about the prop guards. I think that I am experiencing VRS but am confused in that I flew the quad with Prop guards and no problems and now all of a sudden it seems to just lose power and drop, even if I am flying horizontally. When it finally reaches the ground, even with the stick in full throttle "up", it doesn't seem to have the power to get off the ground and then slowly it does. I don't know if this is a "loss of power" issue or a VRS / prop guard issue. As a side not, do you know anything about wind affecting the quad more significantly with the prop guards? Can you offer any insight? Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik