DJI Fix & Feature Wish List (post-3.0.6)

UrAwFuL said:
damoncooper said:
Yeah that's what I meant above with this bullet:

- (for ground station) add POI capability to circle a POI smoothly for video

Whoops! Actually, I didn't read the first post.. sorries! :lol:

Another pretty good software/hardware on my wish list is "auto-follow" that some other quads have by either bluetooth, following a fixed object (AR.Drone did this), groundstation or some type of other hardware.

All good.

Auto-follow would be interesting for sure. I'd have to rent a sweet convertible to try it out :)

After reading the ground station topics some more I'll add a few more to the list:

- ability to set ground station "heading" to be used while enroute to a way point (or the ability to maintain previous waypoints' heading while enroute to the next waypoint). Today you can only set the heading to be used while hovering AT waypoints.

- ability to "pause and resume" a mission with ground station. This would enable auto pilot disengagement and allow full pilot control mid-mission for setting up perfect shots, etc. You could then press "resume" to head towards the next scheduled mission waypoint and continue the mission.

- ability to add "look at points" in addition to "waypoints" in ground station to orient the craft and camera while in flight to target specific POI. See here for details: viewtopic.php?t=20549 Mockup from that post:

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407991936.299506.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407991936.299506.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 684
Re: DJI Fix & Feature Wish List (post-3.0.6)

The two common mods that I have seen, both hardware options. Unlikely as both admit things can go wrong with the Phantom, but then again I suppose Prop Guards fall into that bucket also.

1. Factory Floaties - Something to allow recovery after a water landing. It would also be great to have the GoPro in its waterproof housing. I suppose if the non vision had a 5.8Ghz remote you could use the GoPro Wifi to get the video feed.
  2. GPS Tracker - Add a Sim Card slot to the Phantom with similar functionality to all the 3rd party trackers in use, e.g. Text to get GPS coordinates.

- configurable height for the return to home function
- configureable max tilt so we can get the speed of earlier versions back
- course lock based on current heading (no toggling to reset).
- OSD GPS Lat, Lon
- OSD heading

MStacey said:
- configurable height for the return to home function
- configureable max tilt so we can get the speed of earlier versions back
- course lock based on current heading (no toggling to reset).
- OSD GPS Lat, Lon
- OSD heading

+1 to all of those.

A few more...

P2V+ Ground Station: Let me save routes.

P2V+ Ground Station: Let me plan routes without connecting to Phantom

P2V+ Ground Station: Use previous way point height when creating next way point.

P2V+ Ground Station: Show way point height in addition/instead of distance from home.

Auto Follow Mode. Have the Phantom support a mode where it uses the Smart Phone GPS to maintain the same distance and bearing relative to the operator so as the operator walks or drives or boats around the drone follows!

P2V+ Camera: Allow recording of flight data. Also support built in FlyTrex type features.

SDK: I can dream!

schenckg said:
A few more...

P2V+ Ground Station: Let me save routes.

P2V+ Ground Station: Let me plan routes without connecting to Phantom

P2V+ Ground Station: Use previous way point height when creating next way point.

P2V+ Ground Station: Show way point height in addition/instead of distance from home.

Auto Follow Mode. Have the Phantom support a mode where it uses the Smart Phone GPS to maintain the same distance and bearing relative to the operator so as the operator walks or drives or boats around the drone follows!

P2V+ Camera: Allow recording of flight data. Also support built in FlyTrex type features.

SDK: I can dream!

SDK? Interesting. As in the ability to programmatically execute flight commands? How would you imagine this would work, via Ground Station?

They do have an iOS app and a PC app, so one could imagine them making an iOS or PC SDK available.

What applications do you think might make use of this?

Last call...

I'll compile the list enumerated here sometime this week and maybe we can put the priorities to a community vote.

I'll then submit it (and ask for help doing the same) via whatever means possible.

Q: Anyone know and easy way to facilitate a "$100" test type community voting mechanism, where folks can "spend" a mythical $100 on features and help tally the results?

A Google doc spreadsheet comes to mind but something more designed for the purpose might be better.

All help appreciated and accepted!

Wireless transfer of all image files (as specified already in 2013). Transfer of DNGs worked in FW v2.x (?) but not any more.

I would like a better battery warning system and why can't I record my osd by default. I think that should be an option in the vision app where you can turn osd on and off and record it or not. There will still be birds going missing if we crash and the battery is still connected (or maybe a little backup battery) to broadcast location.

Great list so far but one thing is missing.

How many quads will it take to lift me in my lawnchair. get me down to the 7/11 flying over the roofs of houses, like the birds do!

Who will be the first person arrested for drunk flying. It blew my mind when a friend was arrested for drunk bike riding in Sacramento, CA.

gverila said:
And maybe configurable height option for home location. Now it is set to 20 meters but in many cases it is not enough.

Second that. I'd like it to go up to 40m where I fly to clear some tall trees. 20m is where they top out. I have to remember to reset home position 20 M in the air after take off.

I'd add an option to put back fast descent (5m per sec) above 50m but slow to 2m a sec below that ceiling. No fun waiting 3 minutes to come down from 400m and 1.08 firmware speeds down low, 25m and below can be kinda scary (for me at least).

Quick-release Landing Gear
Quick-release gimbal mount

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic