DJI files lawsuit against Yuneec over Typhoon H

Not a good look DJI

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I read on another forum that the reason DJI just recently submitted a lawsuit against Yuncee for the patent on removable cameras was due to DJI being awarded the patent in March 2016 (they had no right to sue before this). I'm not sure how DJI was able to get this patent because the entire removable camera on a drone has been around long before DJI. When you read it, it really sounds to be a rather general patent in that. My take is that DJI will now make a removable camera on all its crafts to ensure they keep the patent in good standing. So will we see a removable camera later this year on a P4 or will we have to wait until the P5?

Here is the patent:

Analytics for US Patent No. 9,280,038, Interchangeable mounting platform

Sorry DJI but now you've done it ...
I and a lot of fellow P3 owners we were looking to the P4 and the Yuneec Typhoon H will not buy DJI anymore (also with all the restrictions they are including in DJI products)
Suiing another company to try to delay the selling of a new product is not done in the drone world.
And DJI do not forget in taking on Yuneec you take on Intel and they now what to do ...
I hope that the yuneec Typhoon H will not get any delay because the avoidence system it has with the intel realsense module is better then the system the P4 has
Marnix

babies-crying-cute-crying-baby.jpg

On a serious note. If they get a patent then they get a patent. If no one else patented it before them, then it's their fault. If someone else wants to use the patent, go negotiate a deal with DJI. That's how U.S. works and there's nothing you're going to do about it.

lol all it shows it that dji are pooing there pants. let's face it reviews so far on the h are kicking butt

Anybody from China suing anybody in the world for infringement is irony at its finest.
Yeah, like what have the Chinese ever invented ? Apart from the compass, printing, paper, fireworks, the hover board, cast iron, dominoes,turning piss into brain cells etc.... Turning piss into brain cells!!!

Yeah, like what have the Chinese ever invented ? Apart from the compass, printing, paper, fireworks, the hover board, cast iron, dominoes,turning piss into brain cells etc.... Turning piss into brain cells!!!
They make the drone you fly !, Peace and Love, not hatred ! remember, we are all on this beautiful globe together! even though there are A-Holes in all borders!

Don't forget Pasta!...yummm.

I own a P3se,a P4Pro+ and a Mavic Pro.I just purchased a Q500 4K last week.Had it up today for the first time.It would be nice to have a bit more range with it but you can't beat the camera.Pic and Video are so much better.I am now looking at the Typhoon H Pro.Will be nice for comparison sake.

Reactions: Meta4
I own a P3se,a P4Pro+ and a Mavic Pro.I just purchased a Q500 4K last week.Had it up today for the first time.It would be nice to have a bit more range with it but you can't beat the camera.Pic and Video are so much better.I am now looking at the Typhoon H Pro.Will be nice for comparison sake.
If the camera on the Q500 is better than your P4 pro+, you're doing something wrong with the P4pro+

Reactions: With The Birds
Lol....DJI basically sued themselves back in 2014 after DJI China tried to force DJI North America out.

"DJI North America and its minority owner brought claims against DJI China for Breach of Fiduciary Duty and Minority Owner Oppression."

Pretty ruthless when you think about it, and very Chinese. I’ve done business in China, the term caveat emptor rules the business climate there. So, when the North American entity starts to explode and make real money, it’s no surprise the minority state holder is an immediate target to be screwed over. That being said, to fire key staff over the holidays, with no severance, take control of their revenue accounts and move their money to China, basically shuttering the division
and those who built it, so the parent can absorb the income, it’s just plain ruthless. I do hope a real competitor to DJI comes along, the alternative will be higher prices, lower quality and even poorer service.

If the camera on the Q500 is better than your P4 pro+, you're doing something wrong with the P4pro+
I am still pretty new to drones so all the camera settings are as they came from the factory still.Perhaps the P4Pro+ will end up being better but not right now.I bought them mostly for fun and to see whats out there.Pics are nice on all of them but at stock settings the Q500 is much better right now.( especially after I took the clear protective covering off the lense ) ;)

I am still pretty new to drones so all the camera settings are as they came from the factory still.Perhaps the P4Pro+ will end up being better but not right now.I bought them mostly for fun and to see whats out there.Pics are nice on all of them but at stock settings the Q500 is much better right now.( especially after I took the clear protective covering off the lense ) ;)
The special feature of the P4 pro is its camera.
It's far and away better than the cameras on any other ready-to-fly drone below $3000.
You don't say what your issue is with the lens so I can only guess.
Perhaps you have some settings messed up or you aren't focusing the lens?

The special feature of the P4 pro is its camera.
It's far and away better than the cameras on any other ready-to-fly drone below $3000.
You don't say what your issue is with the lens so I can only guess.
Perhaps you have some settings messed up or you aren't focusing the lens?
I have no issue with any of my drones cameras.Was just stating a fact that the Q500 camera as it came from the factory is the best right now.IMO.I may change my mind once I get into actual camera settings.I am still a novice ( older novice ) with these drones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31