Dji fc40

Reaction score
I have only have had it for 2 weeks. I have to say it is the coolest thing I've ever owned. No problems and everything is working properly. I took baby sets in the beginning but now feel the need to work on extending the camera range.

Re: Dji fc40

I probably need to sell you my new Kindle Fire HDX tablet. It has dual WIFI and dual antennas which is awesome for distance. The problem I have is using it for GS (ground station) with the P2V Plus. It won't bring up the google map and the radar direction indicator is not accurate.
Then I need a recommendation on a tablet that works great with GS. Also need to sell my FC40 with GoPro gimbal. Works great but don't need two Phantoms.

Will be looking to get a Kindle Fire HD. From everything I have read that's the way to go and keep the Fc40 stock. Just need to figure out how I will mount it to the controller.

Just the HDX or is the HD good also? I used my S4 and last night briefly lost the video feed at about 1000 ft a day (my butt did clench a bit because it was out of sight and above trees).

Downside is that my Fire will drop the WiFi signal if you look at it wrong...

iamon said:
Just the HDX or is the HD good also? I used my S4 and last night briefly lost the video feed at about 1000 ft a day (my butt did clench a bit because it was out of sight and above trees).

I'm hoping the HD will be fine. Don't want to put out the money for a HDX .

I've had good luck with my Fire as far as the signal goes - about 300 - 400 yards. The problem I have with them is the charging port. They get loose and stop working.

I found a Poloroid tablet for $50, am going to try that, but I still have one working Fire left.

thevolkp said:
iamon said:

I'm hoping the HD will be fine. Don't want to put out the money for a HDX .

I didn't have much luck with an HD as was only able to get about 50 YDS of WIFI reception. The HDX has the dual antennas and does several times that. Your mileage may vary, as they say.
Something that surprised me is the lack of GPS on the Kindle. Perhaps that's true on other tablets as well?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers