DJI FC 40 no longer available at DJI.com

Reaction score
The DJI Phantom FC-40 is no longer listed in the DJI Official Store. The low end product with a camera is an Vison. $USD 799

The original phantom is discontinued though. Means no cheap source of NAZA and motors on 2.4 ghz transmitter. This also means the F40 is the only RTF phantom without "smart" battery...

DKDarkness said:
The original phantom is discontinued though. Means no cheap source of NAZA and motors on 2.4 ghz transmitter. This also means the F40 is the only RTF phantom without "smart" battery...
I am a recent owner of an FC40 and that came with the 5.8ghz transmitter.

But perhaps the FC40 was put out to use up the last of their Phantom 1 models and everything will be a P2 going forwards...when a price hike one assumes.

OI Photography said:
lostkiwi said:
macnoodle said:
That's a pity. I don't want a Phantom 2 with proprietary battery!

There are alternatives.....

(thinking flamewheel...)

+1

(or Phantom 1.5...)

If I'm not mistaken pretty much all the Phantom parts will go across to the F450/F550 (Naza, Tx, Rx, GPS perhaps) which makes the migration actually pretty reasonable.... I'm starting to be tempted by a 550 I have to say (6 motors must give it more lifting power......)

lostkiwi said:
If I'm not mistaken pretty much all the Phantom parts will go across to the F450/F550 (Naza, Tx, Rx, GPS perhaps) which makes the migration actually pretty reasonable.... I'm starting to be tempted by a 550 I have to say (6 motors must give it more lifting power......)

It can certainly be done (and has many times), it just gets a little tricky with mounting Phantom ESC's and GPS on an airframe like that. But yes there's quite a few "Phantom-450's" flying like that today :)

I hope the FC40 isn't discontinued any time soon. I want to buy one early next year.

Willing to bet DJI will have another aircraft in the price range of the FC-40 over the next few months.
If you new to quadcopters buy something cheap like an Hubsan with an camera (goes for $70). Better to crash that than an $500 drone. If you are comfortable with it, grab an phantom.
:)

but understand. That Hubsan will be much harder to fly than the FC-40.. It has no GPS or compass. I'd buy an fc-40 now if the money and availability is there. You'll be glad you did.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj