DJI famous on Facebook

That's what they get for saying "for Everyone".

Clearly it's not, like: skateboards, personal water craft, tattoos, you name it.

These are not beginner r/c aircraft.

Nail on head there.

I must admit that quad copters and DJI got me into this hobby; I always had an interest in R/C but no FPV and the intimidation of crashing a conventional model aircraft kept me away. I guess I'm not the only one.

I've tried to think of an analogous activity and you've mentioned some good ones -- I can't think of one better. In the insurance business, agents used to joke that auto insurance was the worst to service because people were very particular about their car - their pride and joy, and they expect perfection. This is a lot of money to see it smashed in front of you, no matter what the cause.

When I was about 15, I saved up and bought a control line Stuka bomber. Man, I was so hyped. My dad and I took it out to the field, and it's maiden and only flight lasted 3 seconds. That was bummer too!

I don't remember if Testors had a customer service department back then.

Tails_Up said:
Nail on head there.

I must admit that quad copters and DJI got me into this hobby; I always had an interest in R/C but no FPV and the intimidation of crashing a conventional model aircraft kept me away. I guess I'm not the only one.

I've tried to think of an analogous activity and you've mentioned some good ones -- I can't think of one better. In the insurance business, agents used to joke that auto insurance was the worst to service because people were very particular about their car - their pride and joy, and they expect perfection. This is a lot of money to see it smashed in front of you, no matter what the cause.

When I was about 15, I saved up and bought a control line Stuka bomber. Man, I was so hyped. My dad and I took it out to the field, and it's maiden and only flight lasted 3 seconds. That was bummer too!

I don't remember if Testors had a customer service department back then.

Memories :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj