DJI fail to calibrate

tried that, but in all guides i checked, it turns 2 light yellow, mine do 1 light yellow and 1 light green, and i always fail to calibrate, tried outside also.

If haven't maybe it good time to read the user's manual and if you haven't a copy here is a link.

This for a Phantom 2 non-vision
http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_2/en/PHANTOM2_User_Manual_v1.4_en.pdf

If it's Phantom 2 vision +
http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phan...Phantom_2_Vision_Plus_User_Manual_v1.8_en.pdf

here is a video on how to calibrate the compass.

Hi jason im missing something? i read the manual and there nothing about when i switch s1 more than 5 times, that the P2 doesnt stay 2 yellow light but only 1 yellow and 1 green

Hi jason im missing something? i read the manual and there nothing about when i switch s1 more than 5 times, that the P2 doesnt stay 2 yellow light but only 1 yellow and 1 green

Do two things for mem.
1) Look on the backside of the RC and tell what frequency it is . Either 2.4GHz or 5.8GHz.
2) Take a video of lights and hold the phone horizontal instead vertical. Make sure that you can see both colors clearly before posting the video.

hi the RC is 2,4

here the video

when the lights are fixed in yellow and green is when i tried to put in calibration mode.

hi the RC is 2,4

here the video

when the lights are fixed in yellow and green is when i tried to put in calibration mode.

Looks like you need a new ESC module for the left arm. The price for a new board is $19.00 but since I have no idea where you live it is possible to direct you to a dealer.
v2.1 ESC Module.jpg

Hi, seems good news to find the reason, im from Portugal.
Btw witch left arm, back or front, also how could you tell that and why does it fly normally

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Hi, seems good news to find the reason, im from Portugal.
Btw witch left arm, back or front, also how could you tell that and why does it fly normally

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

The rear left is the one that has to be replaced. when you start throwing S! up/down to setup for calibration both rear lights are yellow after the horizontal cal both are solid green an after the vertical cal both quickly flash green. Now when you have GPS home lock to two rear flash green slowly and you are ready for flight. The two front lights only go on at startup then shut off and only turn back on when the motor startup and there color is always a solid red.

How many motors does the gimbal have? would it be 2 or 3?

i didnt understand a word about your explanation :) but i will order a new ESC module and replace it.

the gimbal is a Zenmuse H3-2D

btw witch is my version, the top shows V2, but in the qr code there is no V2.0 or V2.1 as im seeing in the sites to order it.
where is the best site to order in Europe?

Last edited:
i didnt understand a word about your explanation :) but i will order a new ESC module and replace it.

btw witch is my version, the top shows V2, but in the qr code there is no V2.0 or V2.1 as im seeing in the sites to order it.

Best to search on ebay/eu and order the v2.1 ESC module.

Since you didn't understand about the light on the P2 you want to change the left rear which turns yellow after you have calibrated. Watch this video again and look at how the rear lights turn from yellow to green and sequence.

im sorry, but have you checked the pictures? do i need 2.1?

The v2.1 is an upgraded board and will work with your P2. I have the same setup with three v2.0 and one v2.1 and it flies perfectly.

With regards to the gimbal if you have the gray dampers and the video has any motion (jello) in it try the white dampers. Since that is a used P2 you may not have those dampers and have to order them.

Last edited:
[Q

If you use Google Chrome as your browser it has a languish translater so you can convert my text to Portuguese. This forum frowns a pound texting in anything other then english.

Hi Jason, i changed the ESC from the left arm and the problem is yet the same :(

when i try to calibrate, the left back arm stay yellow and the right arm stay green.

after reboot blinking yellow in the left back arm and blinking green in the right back arm

Last edited:
Hi Jason, i changed the ESC from the left arm and the problem is yet the same :(

when i try to calibrate, the left back arm stay yellow and the right arm stay green.

after reboot blinking yellow in the left back arm and blinking green in the right back arm

This video proves nothing as one it is only 12 seconds long, two all you did was to power up the P2 without doing a calibration and last of all the video is completely overexposed and impossible to tell what the LED colors are.

hi, here is a new video upload.
i tried something, i switch the ESC from the back left ARM to the Right Front Arm, the yellow and green switched.
im truly unlucky and this 2.1 is also broken, or they are incompatible, also i think the motor start like half a second after over the replaced ESC.

Check your PM's just sent you another video.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20