dji f550

Reaction score
hi all is any one else having problem with the battery protection not lasting on a 4cell battery as i uesd to get 20 min flight time now only getting 6 min before the red light flashes

Hello Darren,

Funnily enough I am having the same problem – exactly. The times are the same.

My situation is that my Phantom FC40 4000 mAh batteries are now a year old, and over winter I stored them at 11.4 v which my charger recommends as the best storage regime for Li-Po’s.

Reading elsewhere, Li-Po batteries need renewing every one to two years as they degrade naturally. I therefore presume that the batteries need renewing annually to get the 16 to 18 minutes flight time.

As an adage :-

My FC40 batteries are £21 ($30) and the P3 & P4 batteries are £108 ($156). Renewing the intelligent family of batteries annually is thus going to become expensive – far too expensive to consider upgrading to the P3 or P4. I have read that P3 owners are only getting 60 - 100 flights out of the intelligent batteries. Therefore, it makes sense financially to have something like the F550 where the batteries don’t cost as much.

How true the above is, I cant comment. I am no expert but its common sense that ALL batteries degrade over time and this is confirmed by what other people have said.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair