DJI F550 + Gimbal + Camera + JR9303

Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm interested in parting with my DJI F550 Multirotor. This is a six-motor multirotor machine. It works flawlessly and has been a ton of fun to fly, but I'm sort of moving away from the hobby so I'd love to sell this. Comes out of the box ready to fly with batteries, gimbal, camera and transmitter.

I built this in December of last year (I have the original packaging, but this won't come IN the packaging because it's just not possible to break it back down). I've flown it probably 25 times and it has never been crashed, mistreated or mishandled. It stayed on a workbench in my garage for the most part.

This 550 comes with standard DJI motors and arms. It is equipped with the NAZA V2 flight system and a Spektrum receiver. The NAZA V2 flight system allows for manual flight, attitude flight (you control everything, but the machine maintains altitude) and GPS flight (you center the controls and the machine stays in-place which is perfect for positioning it with the camera set to time-lapse mode for taking photos of a particular thing). This machine has a "Go-to-Home" function that, by turning the transmitter off, or flipping a "safe" switch, will return the machine to the starting position. Please keep in mind that when doing this, if there are trees, buildings, etc. between you and your machine that it will NOT be able to avoid these. It's "crow flies" when it's returning to home and it does not care what's in the way. Currently, the transmitter is set up with one 3-way switch set to GPS/ATT/MANUAL and one two-way switch which is set to FAIL SAFE to bring the machine back home.

In addition to the base kit with NAZA V2, I've added LEDs to the ends of the arms for easy orientation in low light (white on white arms, red on red arms), a carbon fiber landing skid, battery cage (pre-balanced with the gimbal) and a Sony Action Cam Gimbal for use with the entire lineup of Sony Action Cams. Note that there is currently no gimbal control for positioning the camera, but it is possible with the correct wiring and the included transmitter is capable of controlling the gimbal with slider switches on the sides. This is a very stable gimbal and it works flawlessly to give smooth, steady video. I'm including a Sony Action Cam (AS20, I think) with the system so you'll have the right camera for the job. I have a charger and extra battery for the camera as well as a few accessories and a good-sized Micro SD card and the original box. The machine also comes with 2 large batteries, 2 smaller batteries and a really nice balance/charger to keep those babies fresh! There are also a few small batteries which are used to power the gimbal as I didn't want to put too much strain on the copter's batteries. Lifting the machine and powering the NAZA is already a lot to ask of a little LiPo battery so having a separate battery for the gimbal is a great idea.

The included transmitter is a JR9303 transmitter, which is a highly capable and very nice transmitter, albeit a little dated. The technology is still excellent and this is a great radio that is more than capable of controlling this machine. I've had excellent results with it. Included with the transmitter is a hard Spektrum case and the battery charger. The transmitter is worth probably $300+ on its own. Especially considering I have already set everything up for you so this is ready-to-fly right out of the box.

I have a few other little odds 'n ends as well (wires, cables, extra LEDs, etc.) that I'll toss in as well in case you need them. The only thing you may want to pick up are some carbon fiber props or at least some balanced props. I'd recommend CF. I just never got around to it, but I used CF props on my other multi-rotors and really loved the way they flew with them.

I'd like to get $1200.00 all-in for this thing or best offer. I'll cover shipping via UPS Ground only, which will be EXPENSIVE because it'll have to go in a giant box with plenty of packing and insurance. I'm in the midlands of South Carolina and would be more than happy to meet you somewhere if you're nearby. I'll drive as far as about an hour one-way, give or take a little (Columbia, Florence, Charleston, Myrtle Beach, etc.).

Please PM or email with questions or concerns. I can provide photos tonight. This will be extremely well packaged and will not be cheap to ship so please consider that when sending offers.

Thanks,
Matthew

PS. I have excellent feedback at FredMiranda.com where I've dealt in thousands and thousands of dollars in camera gear as well as in the Fountain Pen Community at FPGeeks.com/Forum and FountainPenNetwork.com, again with thousands of dollars in transactions. References available. I'm also glad to get on the phone to discuss this stuff to put you at ease. Regular PayPal preferred for buyer/seller safety.

Open to offers at this point guys! Need this baby gone!

I'm interested in partial trades for a high-end point-and-shoot camera (Sony RX100 III, Panasonic LX100, etc.).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20