DJI Error on Maximum bit rate (No error actually!)

Reaction score
I think the DJI site have a misprint on the maximum bit-rate rated at 60Mbps (thats 7.5MBs which is total shite quality) they mean 60MBs (small 'b' is bits 'B' is byte - 8bits = 1 Byte). Even low end consumer camcorders record at 17MBs plus and thats at 1920x1080 !!
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1457479881.024278.jpg

They should have also stated that the Aircraft will require SDXC to utilise maximum capacity.

No, it's 60Mbps, the same as the Phantom 3.

And that's not bad quality, well for 4K it's a little low. Hell, our two JVC GY-HM790 studio cameras (which cost $10k a piece) do 1080p at only 35Mbps.

No, it's 60Mbps, the same as the Phantom 3.

And that's not bad quality, well for 4K it's a little low. Hell, our two JVC GY-HM790 studio cameras (which cost $10k a piece) do 1080p at only 35Mbps.

Ahhh bollocks I got it wrong! Yes its Mbps! So I guess this card would be more than good enough for 4k:
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1457480997.496782.jpg

Reactions: m0j0
Ahhh bollocks I got it wrong! Yes its Mbps! So I guess this card would be more than good enough for 4k: View attachment 46493
rather than get one or two 64gb cards let me suggest that you go with several 16gb cards and swap out the card every time you swap the battery. If you crash, get a corrupt card etc you don't lose all of your footage and it is cheaper too.

rather than get one or two 64gb cards let me suggest that you go with several 16gb cards and swap out the card every time you swap the battery. If you crash, get a corrupt card etc you don't lose all of your footage and it is cheaper too.
Yes, I recommend buying multiple cards too, over one large one. I usually buy 32GB cards, about $13/ea. I always carry 3 or 4 with me. One card can do over 5 flights in 1080.

I think the DJI site have a misprint on the maximum bit-rate rated at 60Mbps (thats 7.5MBs which is total shite quality) they mean 60MBs (small 'b' is bits 'B' is byte - 8bits = 1 Byte).

No they mean 60Mbps (mega bits per second). Sure it's not the most awesome bit rate around but it's a light-weight flying camera. My Lumix shoots at 80Mbps and it's noticeably better. I wish the rate were higher but it's (just) sufficient for me.

Yes I had a moment of madness and not sure why all of a sudden thought it should be MBs instead of Mbps?!! I guess i was starring at a Sandisk card (that im thinking of buying) that states it speed as MBs !!! Ok, i know my error now. Thanks everyone.

Im going for 1 x 64GB card (one stated in the OP) as I wont have to land my quad to change card as often.

Yes, I recommend buying multiple cards too, over one large one. I usually buy 32GB cards, about $13/ea. I always carry 3 or 4 with me. One card can do over 5 flights in 1080.

Only 5 flight videos at 1080 on a 32GB card?? Surely this cant be right....?
I record in 1080 and a full 15/16min flight seems to use about 1.5/1.6Gb, so even on the original 16GB card that came with it, I got about 9 full battery flights on it.
With a 32GB card, I would be expecting double that obviously.
I am currently filling up a Samsung Pro 64GB card, and expect to get upwards of 35 full battery flight video on it...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

At 60Mbps, that's 450MB per minute. Not sure how you're getting such small file sizes for 15 minutes of flight, unless you aren't recording at the full 60Mbps.

Today my SanDisk Extreme Plus gave out on me. I can't see any files on it. Windows or Mac won't recognize it. Ugh...Might want to try a Samsung card next. [emoji57]

Recording in 1080x60fps my flight videos are close to 5GB for a 18-20 minute flight. The files break @ 4GB so I generally have two files per flight & have to stitch them together. You must be recording at only 30 fps?

I record in 1080 and a full 15/16min flight seems to use about 1.5/1.6Gb, so even on the original 16GB card that came with it, I got about 9 full battery flights on it.
With a 32GB card, I would be expecting double that obviously.
I am currently filling up a Samsung Pro 64GB card, and expect to get upwards of 35 full battery flight video on it...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recording in 1080x60fps my flight videos are close to 5GB for a 18-20 minute flight. The files break @ 4GB so I generally have two files per flight & have to stitch them together. You must be recording at only 30 fps?

Hi there,

Ahh perhaps i have got it set to 1080x30fps - i will check that setting later, thanks

Im going for 1 x 64GB card (one stated in the OP) as I wont have to land my quad to change card as often.
Haha, you may not want to land your quad to change card, but you will have to land your quad to change the battery. :p

Assuming once you eventually get your P4 up in the air for a 30 minute flight (obviously you have to wait for GO app to be released first), the 30 minute video recorded in 60Mbps will occupy nearly 15GB space. So a 16GB card is enough for one flight when you MUST land your quad due to low battery.

I record in 1080 and a full 15/16min flight seems to use about 1.5/1.6Gb
I don't know how you guesstimate that number... o_O

Even if you are recording in 1080p/30fps in older firmware, when the bitrate is 25Mbps instead of the current 40Mbps, a 15 minute video would still occupy over 2.8GB.

You better go back and double check your files again.

Haha, you may not want to land your quad to change card, but you will have to land your quad to change the battery. :p

Assuming once you eventually get your P4 up in the air for a 30 minute flight (obviously you have to wait for GO app to be released first), the 30 minute video recorded in 60Mbps will occupy nearly 15GB space. So a 16GB card is enough for one flight when you MUST land your quad due to low battery.

There is not one solution for everyone. I have a specific use and reason for the equipment I have chosen. Multiple cards are just not that practical for me (though I understand the security benefits) - The 64GB solution is the best one for me as I'm sure the 16GB is for you :)

Haha, I am not saying it is wrong to choose 64GB card. I am just laughing at your statement of not wanting to land your drone due to you have to change the card. It just sounds like you want to fly it non-stop to fill the 64GB card... may be you have modded your P4 to carry 4 batteries :p

I don't know how you guesstimate that number... o_O

Even if you are recording in 1080p/30fps in older firmware, when the bitrate is 25Mbps instead of the current 40Mbps, a 15 minute video would still occupy over 2.8GB.

You better go back and double check your files again.

Here u go..
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1457871753.352289.jpg

Here you can see 5 full battery flights and one still shot.
You can see the file sizes for the flights are between 1.386gb and 1.957gb

All those flights were using 65% of battery - in fact the biggest one (1.957gb) I had actually flown down to Critical Battery Level 10% and had my first auto-landing!

Normally i fly down to about 25-30% battery remaining - always from 100% battery charge - and my 1080 video files always come in between 1.5 - 1.7gb size.

I am definately shooting in 1080, but as Dirty Bird pointed out, perhaps i'm shooting in 25/30fps rather than 60fps.
I will need to check this setting later & report back

Cheers

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4