DJI early adopter discount and rebate petition

AmosMoses said:
Again, you chose to go off in a different direction and not compare comparable situations. Instead you attack others?
Find one post/member that thinks the gimbal on the P2V is a quality design. You own one I'm guessing? What's your opinion on the gimbal? Nice? High quality? Great design?
It was a design flaw that screws up the quality of the video and the pictures.
I don't see why you need to attack people for asking for at least a path to affordability purchase the fix to a problem.
But whatever...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I can assure you sir, that I absolutely had/have no intensions to attack others.
If it can across that way to you…please accept my sincere apologies.

Having said that, (safe harbor statement) I always purchase from a dealer that has a track record of excellent customer service.

I got all of my DJI equipment from B&H here in NYC. I bought my last unit less than 30 days and can return/exchange it if I choose if another option becomes available.

If you got it recently and truly believe that there is a design flaw, isn't there an option to return it and exchange for the newly designed one?

tony.

tonben said:
AmosMoses said:
Again, you chose to go off in a different direction and not compare comparable situations. Instead you attack others?
Find one post/member that thinks the gimbal on the P2V is a quality design. You own one I'm guessing? What's your opinion on the gimbal? Nice? High quality? Great design?
It was a design flaw that screws up the quality of the video and the pictures.
I don't see why you need to attack people for asking for at least a path to affordability purchase the fix to a problem.
But whatever...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I can assure you sir, that I absolutely had/have no intensions to attack others.
If it can across that way to you…please accept my sincere apologies.

Having said that, (safe harbor statement) I always purchase from a dealer that has a track record of excellent customer service.

I got all of my DJI equipment from B&H here in NYC. I bought my last unit less than 30 days and can return/exchange it if I choose if another option becomes available.

If you got it recently and truly believe that there is a design flaw, isn't there an option to return it and exchange for the newly designed one?

tony.

Tony ... no he's talking about me ... Im a bad bad dude, .... as I point out when people moan and carryon after they had an actual choice and they now feel emotional because they made it a wrong one .... :lol:

To me it still sounds like it boils down to the same sentiment:

The P2V was released too early, or the P2V+ is priced too low/released too soon after the P2V.

I can see both sides of this and I too bought from B&H in mid March a P2V which I read about and wanted for what it was and what I could do with it. Now, that DJI announced a new model it still does not change what I felt about the product in March when I bought it. Would I like the Plus? Of course! But I am not going to stick it to B&H because DJI introduced something new and I want it. I could I am sure because it still is within my initial 30 days but I won't.

What I would like is DJI to stop jerking us around with poor firmware updates and software upgrades that make out product less stable with hands off, blank out our android images, and make our units unflyable because twice now they put the cart out before the horse so to speak with a server issue and allowing old non compatible software to upload upgrades before the new software was available. For this they should compensate us early beta testers.

All I want is what I had in mid March with my first P2V... no bad motor which came in 2 battery charges worth of flights,,,, no bad ECU in the same time frame,,,, stable hover... no fly aways or the fear of one....a camera that is in reasonable focus...... a usb port that is accessible without opening up the transmitter.....new seemly insufficiently tested updates..... This has nothing to do with my choice to buy one but their ability to make a quality product and software/firmware changes that do not cause owner issues.

For this I would sign a petition as a involuntary beta tester........ I want my product to deliver as advertised, PERIOD! Sadly their firmware/software changes and component parts quality have not been able to deliver this simple request in the less than 30 day timeframe I have been using their product. For me that is a major issue not that they now offer a model with a 3 way gimbal.... Wait and see how these new components perform as if their track record with my P2V is the same with others Plus's it is just more crap they can screw up for their owners.

@JimDe Absolutely reasonable..................

Heres my 2p
(yes I know it is a little off topic.)
But it will put some thing in perspective.

After taking a hard look at the P2V+ I am not impressed.
Pros
Greater Wifi range.
3 axis gimbal

Cons
V3.0 malware that is poorly thought out and only done to cover their *** .
A camera that may not support filters (or at least until some one develops them)
A gimbal that is not adjustable for balancing. (or at least I can't see any user adjustments.)
Also you are stuck with that camera.
They just made a whittled down version of the Zenmuse.

Personally when I first got it I was hyped and blown away, then after the love wore off a little and looking at the video
and realizing the drawbacks of a single axis gimbal that is slow as molasses.
I wished I would have gotten a P2 with a zenmuse gimbal and a gopro.
But I really like the iOS app and the data it gave me.
So the Roto-pixel gimbal is the way to go for me.
This way I can still keep the flight data and get a 2 axis gimbal.

Now if DJI is smart and they look at this forum.
They should see that there are a lot of P2V out there and they need to offer a better upgrade package.
And for the people that bought theirs after 30 days or after the return policy a discount on the kit.
But then again designing a user installable kit is a real pain in the but and costs $$$
and then they have to make allowances in the firmware witch also takes time and $$$

This is what I recommend.
If you have bought a P2V within the return policy and you really like the P2V+ then by all means return it and wait for you new cripple ware loaded unit to arrive. Now there might be some units that were shipped out with 2.0 and you might get lucky.

If you bought it out side of your return policy and have a roto-pixel or other 3rd party gimbal on order, be patient and I think you might be much happier.

Lets face it.
Even the zennmuse gimbal has its problems and is waiting on firmware updates. (or at least that is what I have read.)

Again just my 2p
Cheers.

Mav456 said:
Ur mad that they made a better product? That's the way of the world. Quit your fkin bitching. Your gunna get nowhere with your petition you candy ***.

Nevermind, it's obvious from your writings you are just too dumb to understand good business practices. At minimum they could have priced them @ 1,599 to help their P2V beta testers retain some value.

Also, I bet you wouldn't say that too my face. You're a big boy behind a keyboard and a monitor. Congrats!

It seems that at least one dealer (1uas.com) has been willing to allow recent P2V purchasers trade up to a P2V+

Perhaps it would be worth a call to your respective dealers to see if they'll do the same...mention that other dealers have.

The only thing sad is that they allow apes such as yourself out in public and give you the ability to post on the Internet. I don't want anything for free. I want things to be fair. FYI this is a toy don't get so worked up. What a flamer.

OI Photography said:
To me it still sounds like it boils down to the same sentiment:

The P2V was released too early, or the P2V+ is priced too low/released too soon after the P2V.

+1 Pre-freaking-cisely... :D

-slinger

DJI apparently notices all the aftermarket options for gimbals popping up everywhere.
Their market strategy seems to want to crush anyone developing something they refused to incorporate in its first iteration. Had their not been this enormous interest in gimbals for the Vision, in light of the P2 with zenmuse... Would DJI have even developed the Vision +? .... I dont think so.
They seem awfully petty with regard to aftermarket accesories they didnt/couldnt achieve at product launch.
They obviously have the resources to adapt to customer wants when its good for their bottom line.

"When its good for their bottom line" ..... someone finally said the truth .... DJI have done what ANY business would do .... and does daily, ... if others are stealing your market or customers ... WASTE THEM anyway possible with cheaper products and newer lines ..... If I had money to invest in a business ....... and it was between a whole lot of people who feel customers should be given preferential treatment, discounts or replacements if changes were ever made against a product the company sold them ...... I'd give my money to the other guys company everytime.... as I know I'd see a return on my investment $$ .... money talks, .... bullsh*t is just for telling moaning customers.

Guys I received an "engrish" (look it up) response from DJI. I asked:

As an existing P2V customer with two of them, is DJI willing to provide an upgrade kit for the existing Vision or at least a coupon code toward the P2V+?

Response:

Daniel Huang (DJI)
Apr 08 15:51

Dear Sir,

These two models are not quite identical thus unable to upgrade. Please choose your item according to your preference.

Thanks & Best Regards.

Scottrod said:

As an existing P2V customer with two of them, is DJI willing to provide an upgrade kit for the existing Vision or at least a coupon code toward the P2V+?
Response:
Daniel Huang (DJI)Apr 08 15:51

Dear Sir,
These two models are not quite identical thus unable to upgrade. Please choose your item according to your preference.
Thanks & Best Regards.

+1 to DJI ... is all I would have said as well, ... its not DJI's fault if people get excited and get "twitchy" credit card fingers at the first sign of something shiny :lol:

GMANNZ said:
Scottrod said:

Response:

Dear Sir,
Thanks & Best Regards.

+1 to DJI ... is all I would have said as well, ... its not DJI's fault if people get excited and get "twitchy" credit card fingers at the first sign of something shiny :lol:

I'm ready to order one. I don't care about the money. It's the principle of it. Just as they offered a coupon code (I think it was only $100) to original phantom owners they should offer one to P2V owners. It's a smart business practice and keeps your customers loyalty. $100 wouldn't really make a difference but it would cost DJI very little and do a lot in the way of public relations... Makes BUSINESS sense....

Scottrod said:
GMANNZ said:
Scottrod said:

Response:

Dear Sir,
Thanks & Best Regards.

I'm ready to order one. I don't care about the money. It's the principle of it. Just as they offered a coupon code (I think it was only $100) to original phantom owners they should offer one to P2V owners. It's a smart business practice and keeps your customers loyalty. $100 wouldn't really make a difference but it would cost DJI very little and do a lot in the way of public relations... Makes BUSINESS sense....

It would also put the P2Vs that are being replaced, in the hands of 'NEW" customers... who would be buying props, and batteries, and...

-slinger

Signatures creeping up. Lift up your skirts like the other poster said and send DJI a message.

MikeySoft said:
gfredrone said:
DJI deleted my post on their facebook page.
That is there reply to your petition. Just as they gave the shaft to Colin Guinn.
I signed the petition even when I said the above.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj