DJI Customer Support & Product Quality

Reaction score
I purchased a Phantom 2 vision, the camera is constantly locking up on my S3 and my Nexus 10. It finally took a dump so now the 3 week wait begins to see if they will repair it. I also purchased a spare battery that has the standard problem that has been posted here numerous times. I was misguided about the vision and should of got a P2 with FPV setup. But the quality of DJI is what I am questioning, now today my controller stick is sticking and grinding which leads me to believe I should of waited out the 3DR Iris and the Vision is a half baked piece of crap. I am thinking about dumping both Phantoms and switching to the Iris. What is everyone's thoughts on DJI's customer support? Two weeks to answer a email and weeks to wait on repairs is not the service or quality I am looking for from spending over a grand on a vision that seems to have a new problem every week plus paying for shipping is not making me very happy when the quality of their products are the problem..

:evil:

I totally agree..... I thought the P2V was a great all in one solution, but I am wising I bought a P2, with Zmus gimbal and GoPro camera... It would have cost about $300 more for everything, but the end result would have been far better..... I love my bird, but wish the camera was much more stable and better quality.... So I'm chalking this upto training wheels, until I get a better UAV......

You certainly got a lemon.

Where did you buy it from?

There are many users on this forum who have had no problems at all. You can't judge a whole company by a single product. In the world of electronics there is bound to be quality issues and defects that will hinder customer satisfaction. But if you jump to the conclusion that the entire product line is half baked and the company is terrible, you'll soon find that you will run out of things to purchase since everyone is on your "list"

I would recommend that you calm down and maybe contact the original point of sale (if it wasn't DJI) and see if they can be of assistance. If not, you can always call DJI instead of sending an email. They have customer support hours and their phone numbers are listed on the site.

Good luck, and let us know if you need any help with anything. The people here are quite friendly and knowledgeable!

there support is rookie at best, but at least they do the work and correct the problems. i bought a battery from B&H and it shut off in mid air right after take off. they told me to go F myself so i called dji and got an rma. the p2v was toast. there is like one guy running the phones and he is pretty bad at getting you any information about whats going on but then all of a sudden my P2V was shipped back to me completely rebuilt with all new parts and a new battery. If you ask me all the pre order phantoms are defective and they will replace the guts on them on a as needed basis in order to avoid recalls and ****. anyways i am happy with my phantom and took 2 vids with it over this past weekend on my youtube channel if you search wingzerothree

UAVDirect.com actually, I called about the camera but got told to call DJI. The controller went out today. So I haven't got around to calling again waiting on the phone and getting more than likely told to call dji again then waiting 45 minutes to get a RMA for the controller. Eric has helped me a bit from UAVdirect so I might call and talk to him again to see if they will deal with it and save me a headache.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik