DJI customer service

Reaction score
Bought a Phantom I from a private person. This Phantom was bought new from a dealer at the end of 2013. When I got it, I quickly realized that it wasn't able to find needed satelites..... Opend it, and discovered that the compass connector on the GPS unit was burned. The contact was infact just melted..... Sent inquiry to DJI support (Cause this is clearly a production fault), and was told to send the complete Phantom to my dealer, who then could send it to Germany for full inspection.I realized it would be much cheaper for me to just buy a replacement GPS/Compas unit and repair it my self... In addition to the money it would be just for shipping costs, I probably wouldn't have seen my Phantom again for several months........ NOT very impressive customer services by DJI.....

So are you disappointed they didn't offer to send you free parts without inspecting, or verifying that you were the original owner? Did you know you were purchasing a damaged phantom, or was this a surprise once you got it and powered it up? Either way, your not the original owner, so I dont think a warrant repair would be offered by DJI. If you purchased this not knowing that it was fried, then why not take this up with the seller instead of bashing DJI's customer service. Your not a DJI customer, so they owe you no service.

I'm a bit baffled by this reaction as well. Why is it clearly a production fault? There are literally hundreds of scenarios where something could short due to modding or user error. Plus, on a used model, you have no idea what the original owner did (or broke)...

On the bright side, if it's just the wire, that's about $0.50 worth of components to fix, namely a new 4-pin servo connector and a few 0.1" terminals, no?

Any time you purchase a used heli or quad, ask the owner if it's ever been in a crash before. If they say no, they run b/c all of them have had some type of issue when being in use.

I know of no perfect heli/quad flyers out there!

Save yourself the frustration and always buy new for this hobby unless you get a really good used price deal.

Ok guys, I take your points.... Guess I was posting this in a state of frustration. I had no reason to take it out on the dji customer service, guess I just was hoping they could have come up with a few sugestions of what could be the reason ..... Anyway, I've now ordered new GPS- and compass units from Helidirect, and hopefully the Phantom will function as expected. Thx for the comments, and I will for sure still be a Phantom pilot :)

tak004 said:
Ok guys, I take your points.... Guess I was posting this in a state of frustration. I had no reason to take it out on the dji customer service, guess I just was hoping they could have come up with a few sugestions of what could be the reason ..... Anyway, I've now ordered new GPS- and compass units from Helidirect, and hopefully the Phantom will function as expected. Thx for the comments, and I will for sure still be a Phantom pilot :)

You are a big person to make this post. What we should have said first is Welcome to the forum and to the phantom! When we are not dog piling new owners, we can be a friendly bunch and enjoy helping others enjoy the phantom, so don't hold back with any questions you may have.

Hope the new gps/compass do you good!

ElGuano said:
tak004 said:

You are a big person to make this post. What we should have said first is Welcome to the forum and to the phantom! When we are not dog piling new owners, we can be a friendly bunch and enjoy helping others enjoy the phantom, so don't hold back with any questions you may have.

Hope the new gps/compass do you good!

Thx, made me feel better :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues