DJI Customer Service???

Reaction score
I just had the worst customer service chat with DJI. Had one yesterday with someone real nice that said my order would ship out that day, Jan 2. No tracking number yet, bank account charged, so I went back today. Chatted with "Marjorie" who had no command of the English language what so ever. I'm patient but after 45 minutes and not getting clear answers I asked to talk to a supervisor. She said none was there today but not with those words, more of a broken sentence that I think meant that. 45 minutes and I have no idea where my order is. I'm pretty sure it didn't go out yet.
I'm actually ok with a delay but this CS rep was just horrible.
Sorry for the venting, thanks for listening. Is DJI this bad with customer service?

I've heard good stories about customer service and I heard some terrible ones. I really think it's the representative that takes your call. Just like anywhere else. I really hope they get everything on track for you. I know it's frustrating.

Reactions: LoneDrone
I just had the worst customer service chat with DJI. Had one yesterday with someone real nice that said my order would ship out that day, Jan 2. No tracking number yet, bank account charged, so I went back today. Chatted with "Marjorie" who had no command of the English language what so ever. I'm patient but after 45 minutes and not getting clear answers I asked to talk to a supervisor. She said none was there today but not with those words, more of a broken sentence that I think meant that. 45 minutes and I have no idea where my order is. I'm pretty sure it didn't go out yet.
I'm actually ok with a delay but this CS rep was just horrible.
Sorry for the venting, thanks for listening. Is DJI this bad with customer service?

i called fairly recently with a repair issue and honestly i was very happy with the service i received, although ive heard many complaints regarding DJI customer service, i was dreading the call, but i was pleasantly surprised

I've heard good stories about customer service and I heard some terrible ones. I really think it's the representative that takes your call. Just like anywhere else. I really hope they get everything on track for you. I know it's frustrating.
Your right, with every company there's good and bad CS reps. If "Marjorie" is a permanently attached name to this one, stay away. I'll keep an open mind for my next call. Thanks.

i called fairly recently with a repair issue and honestly i was very happy with the service i received, although ive heard many complaints regarding DJI customer service, i was dreading the call, but i was pleasantly surprised
Good for you. My first call, though brief, was good. But this was a 45 minute disaster.
Hope I have better luck next time. Thanks.

I don't understand how one simple question could possibly provide for 45mins of conversation. Try being succinct and sticking to plain simple English and you won't have a problem.

DJI was suppose to expand their CS since last year, and they know it is their weakest link. I have spent an eight hour day trying to contact them, explain to them for a warranty part and following their requests to send in photographs to prove that I need a replace part - a simple rubber strip; which I can easily replaced. I dealt with 3 reps and they all suggested me to ship the entire unit in which is their standard protocol. That was my only contact with them in spite of all the warnings I have read on forum. One of the reps even indicated that if they have the part, they will ship to me. It is now 6 months already, I am flying without the rubber strip in the battery compartment. They have great product, just a matter of straightening their US Customer Service.

DJI was suppose to expand their CS since last year, and they know it is their weakest link. I have spent an eight hour day trying to contact them, explain to them for a warranty part and following their requests to send in photographs to prove that I need a replace part - a simple rubber strip; which I can easily replaced. I dealt with 3 reps and they all suggested me to ship the entire unit in which is their standard protocol. That was my only contact with them in spite of all the warnings I have read on forum. One of the reps even indicated that if they have the part, they will ship to me. It is now 6 months already, I am flying without the rubber strip in the battery compartment. They have great product, just a matter of straightening their US Customer Service.
And this is what you should expect to happen when you depart from the script. They could have sent you an RMA, organised the courier, replaced the part and returned to you. Problem is your asking them to do something that isn't part of the script. In fact I suspect the policy is to not send out parts for warranty claims but rather to return AC for them to perform the installation, evaluate, test etc. I'm sure if the rep has the 2cent part he/she would have sent it to you just to make you happy but the only parts they would have are telephones and computers.

I don't understand how one simple question could possibly provide for 45mins of conversation. Try being succinct and sticking to plain simple English and you won't have a problem.

Actually I did. The problem was her lack of English and inability to form a complete sentence that made sense.
She would take literally 5 minutes or more to come back with an answer each time, which didn't answer simple questions such as "will my order ship today". Her answer was "I made the case". The chat room wanted to time out a few times as I was waiting.
35 minutes of waiting.

I had to do the online chat to be able to reach someone from the DJI Store about an issue with my order. No matter what numbers i pushed in the options, I couldn't get someone from the store on the phone. Was told that DJI Store doesn't have a direct line and the only way to chat with them is through email or online chat.

That's great but when you wait for hours to get through to them you really don't feel like hanging up and spending more hours waiting again...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Actually I did. The problem was her lack of English and inability to form a complete sentence that made sense.
She would take literally 5 minutes or more to come back with an answer each time, which didn't answer simple questions such as "will my order ship today". Her answer was "I made the case". The chat room wanted to time out a few times as I was waiting.
35 minutes of waiting.

i would ask to speak to a supervisor again, hopefully they can straighten this out for you.

i would ask to speak to a supervisor again, hopefully they can straighten this out for you.
Thank you, I did. I don't like taking no for an answer I guess. Chatted (you can't reach CS by phone) with a reasonable person. My order should ship out tomorrow. I stayed on so long because I feel I should give everyone a chance. This first woman could have has a disability and trying to hold down a job, maybe just brand new and nervous. But after awhile I realized enough is enough. So much for first contact impressions.
Now it's as they say "On a slow boat from China".

Thank you, I did. I don't like taking no for an answer I guess. Chatted (you can't reach CS by phone) with a reasonable person. My order should ship out tomorrow. I stayed on so long because I feel I should give everyone a chance. This first woman could have has a disability and trying to hold down a job, maybe just brand new and nervous. But after awhile I realized enough is enough. So much for first contact impressions.
Now it's as they say "On a slow boat from China".

Probably a KU grad, I don't talk to them often but when I do I order no pickle on the Mcdouble and fresh fries.

Sent from my Satellite Phone using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers