Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

DJI customer service......YMMV

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heykool69, Sep 29, 2016.

1. heykool69

I'd finally decided to call DJI to fix my P3P since i'd tried almost everything to fix my "NO SIGNAL" problem myself without voiding the warranty.
    -1st phone call.....got hanged up by the agent.
    -2nd phone call.....very quick to process to get my RMA #
    -Send it in 9/27
    -DJI received it 9/28 (since i live about half hour away)
    -9/29 DJI emailed me they're done repairing my drone and will be sending it back to me in 2 days.

I was SHOCKED!!!! That's **** quick!!!

I know there's a lot of bad posted from the past about DJI service. But i'm glad i didn't have to experience it. Now hopefully the drone works fine once i get it back.

2. Lifted Chevy

I got my p3p back two weeks ago and it's perfect. Hopefully your phantom comes back in great shape.

3. MassDrone

My turn-around time recently was under 2 weeks. That included ground shipment clear across the US both ways. Fixed for no charge, works perfectly.

4. tml4191

^ same....but how come your signal was getting cut off? How far were you going?

5. heykool69

I wasn't even flying. I could fly it. It's just no video signal along a red "NO SIGNAL" on top of the screen. It came out of the box like that.

6. tml4191

FLying blind I see...haha...Yup DJI's service is amazing. I don't know how come people complain. I even asked for free stickers, but I have yet to receive the package since they just got the shipping rolling today.

7. Gearbox

People complain ,because they don't have the same results as you . My story with them is not as satisfactory as yours , its hit or miss with them , may be growing pains or some bad apples , but from what I read its 50/50 .

8. mauiboy333

Need to send in my Phantom 3 pro for no transmission signal. What DJI center is best for that? Live in Illinois.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

9. Gearbox

I think the one in Carson ,California is the only one in the USA for repair .

10. Great_Lakes

I have the same problem right now. "No image transmission signal" after replacing several things. Please let me know what they find.

11. heykool69

I hope you still have warranty on your craft. Cuz i sent mine in with no image problem as well, and they quote that the gimball assembly needs to be replaced.......$349 +$65 service/handling. Thank God my warranty kicks in.

12. HeitmannTech

Im glad you got it sorted, for me its a case of lies, lies, lies, time wasting, lies and more time wasting.
    3 weeks down the line and nothing.

13. heykool69

Sorry to hear that. Like someone posted earlier "it's just hit or missed". Or they're in a slow season right now.

14. Walksalot

Got mine back in a hurry. 3 weeks including shipping and return to New Zealand. So I was impressed. Mine was a dead gimbal and although only flown for 4 hours and 27 minutes the warranty period of 6 months was long gone, and I was not charged, so doubly impressed after having had not such good service in the past.
    Question for the guys with the "no transmission signal", did they give a reason for this after repair and if yes what was it ? as I was getting the same before gimbal died.

15. heykool69

For mine, they didn't give any reason. They just replace it. I was able to see what the image that i'd record when i put the SD card on my PC, but just no image on the tablet.

16. Gearbox

Doubt they will tell you what it is ,that was repaired , maybe a component replaced , they might . Ya never know though .
    I got no response when asked why my Gimbal was making a loud noise & what was needed to repair it .

17. HeitmannTech

They have only lied to me saying that the logs show the bird landed safely.
    They lied so much I had to video the log with another phone and upload it to youtube for them to actually accept that it didn't land and signal was totally lost.