DJI Customer Service VS Yuneec Customer Service

Too late now I guess, but the first thing that struck my eye was the carbon gimbal protector on the phantom. Its directly next to the magetometer in the landing gear and I wonder if it may influence it (carbon fibre is conductive and shields EM). Did you try the phantom without the protector? For sure, if I where to put something like that on mine, Id rather have it in kevlar or glass fiber.

I have these on all my Phantoms and no issue. Funny thing is that I did remove it and tried again, but no luck... the bird was just defective.

Still no show?
I received an email late this afternoon saying they had my package and that I would receive an email with tracking number when it went into the repair shop. They also asked me to confirm my address.

Then 4 hours later I received another email saying my brand new Phantom 3 Professional was on its way to me???? I had originally requested a Refund or Exchange as per DJI policy, so I guess they went with the Exchange. Hopefully this one flies like a dream.

I received an email late this afternoon saying they had my package and that I would receive an email with tracking number when it went into the repair shop. They also asked me to confirm my address.

Then 4 hours later I received another email saying my brand new Phantom 3 Professional was on its way to me???? I had originally requested a Refund or Exchange as per DJI policy, so I guess they went with the Exchange. Hopefully this one flies like a dream.
Wow! Cool beans! A brand spanking new bird! Let us know how it flies!

I haven't heard back yet after them receiving it in. But I'm sure my bird and controller are not warranty, so they're repairing and billing.

So you are getting a brand new bird. That's awesome.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Really? You'd thing the RMA would assign the correct return address. Glad you got it back.
They were able to track where it went? They sent mine elsewhere and told me they have no way of tracking it. I guess I'll call and demand a new one.
Glad your getting a new bird.

Last edited:

Well, i hope mine goes like that.. Send my p3s in 2 days ago for RMA because the firmware bricked it, and it has been delivered and signed yesterday, but the Repair track and trace doesnt show anything. Ive contacted the EU support again and he told me it could take up to 2/3 days.. Hope i get it back all working, or just get a new one haha ;)

UPDATE: Yesterday my package from DJI arrived. It was rather large compared to the box I sent them. Upon opening it, I was surprised to see that DJI had sent me a complete Phantom 3 Professional (Phantom, controller, battery, charger, props, etc). I had only sent them my Phantom 3 Professional. Well, excitement turned to disappointment when I noticed that:

- I had sent DJI my 2016 Phantom 3 Professional and they sent me back a 2015 Phantom 3 Professional.
- The Battery was dead (had 1 green light). It will not charge. It just flashes one green bar 3 times every 2 seconds or so.
- The Controller will not connect to the DJI GO App. Tried different tablets, different cables, but no luck. Realized that zero data is being sent to and from the controller via the DJI GO App. Could be a dead USB port. Tried disassembling the USB port module as per DJI videos just in case internal cables were loose, but no luck.

The firmware on the 2015 DJI Phantom was so old that it took 30 mins to upgrade it to the latest firmware (just released). After an IMU & Compass calibration it flies great (I used one of my other controllers to fly it). Fortunately the camera is excellent on this drone (no defects, blurring, etc).

Anyone have any thoughts on how to get the battery to come back to life? How about the controller and no data flowing between the controller and the DJI GO App... any thoughts? The USB port does provide power out to a tablet/phone, but no data. This also means that I have no way of updating the firmware on the controller. I can't plug in a micro SD with a bin file since the USB port is not passing data, and I can't do it wirelessly because the DJI GO App is not passing data to the controller.

UPDATE: Yesterday my package from DJI arrived. It was rather large compared to the box I sent them. Upon opening it, I was surprised to see that DJI had sent me a complete Phantom 3 Professional (Phantom, controller, battery, charger, props, etc). I had only sent them my Phantom 3 Professional. Well, excitement turned to disappointment when I noticed that:

- I had sent DJI my 2016 Phantom 3 Professional and they sent me back a 2015 Phantom 3 Professional.
- The Battery was dead (had 1 green light). It will not charge. It just flashes one green bar 3 times every 2 seconds or so.
- The Controller will not connect to the DJI GO App. Tried different tablets, different cables, but no luck. Realized that zero data is being sent to and from the controller via the DJI GO App. Could be a dead USB port. Tried disassembling the USB port module as per DJI videos just in case internal cables were loose, but no luck.

The firmware on the 2015 DJI Phantom was so old that it took 30 mins to upgrade it to the latest firmware (just released). After an IMU & Compass calibration it flies great (I used one of my other controllers to fly it). Fortunately the camera is excellent on this drone (no defects, blurring, etc).

Anyone have any thoughts on how to get the battery to come back to life? How about the controller and no data flowing between the controller and the DJI GO App... any thoughts? The USB port does provide power out to a tablet/phone, but no data. This also means that I have no way of updating the firmware on the controller. I can't plug in a micro SD with a bin file since the USB port is not passing data, and I can't do it wirelessly because the DJI GO App is not passing data to the controller.

Can you link the RC to the P3P? They sent me a Phantom 3 4K, instead of the P3P I sent in, and apparently the RC's are different. So I had to send it back. Just a thought, you may not have the right RC?

Can you link the RC to the P3P? They sent me a Phantom 3 4K, instead of the P3P I sent in, and apparently the RC's are different. So I had to send it back. Just a thought, you may not have the right RC?
I can bind the controller with the Phantom if I do it manually vice by the DJI GO App. The controller is the correct one (it's identical to my Phantom Advanced contoller, which means it's a lightbridge controller).

So strange how DJI mixes all this stuff up. If you send in one model you'd think you'd get the same back

I can bind the controller with the Phantom if I do it manually vice by the DJI GO App. The controller is the correct one (it's identical to my Phantom Advanced contoller, which means it's a lightbridge controller).

So strange who DJI mixes all this stuff up. If you send in one model you'd think you'd get the same backm
Yeah, don't get me started on them. . . .

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl