DJI Customer Service VS Yuneec Customer Service

going for 3 miles next time
After hearing about this, I kind of regret getting the phantom 3 pro. The Autel seems like an improvement on the phantom series without the obstacle avoidance.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

After hearing about this, I kind of regret getting the phantom 3 pro. The Autel seems like an improvement on the phantom series without the obstacle avoidance.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
just wait its coming

Thanks. I'm sure the drones will be back, but the question is when. One thing I'm learning is that service is not fast.

Captain, I feel for you. I had a Blade 350 QX3 that flew away on my the very first flight and I never recovered it. Horizon Hobby reluctantly replaced it with some pushback but I did get a replacement that I still have today. I also have a Phantom 3 Advanced that had horizon hold issues with the gimbal. I got an RMA and shipping label from DJI within about a week of my initial ticket. Once I sent it in I had it back in my hands in less than 10 days. In addition, they replaced the 2.7K advanced camera with the 4K Pro camera which was a nice surprise. So, my experience with the customer service with 2 major vendors has been very positive. I hope yours are just as positive.

Captain, I feel for you. I had a Blade 350 QX3 that flew away on my the very first flight and I never recovered it. Horizon Hobby reluctantly replaced it with some pushback but I did get a replacement that I still have today. I also have a Phantom 3 Advanced that had horizon hold issues with the gimbal. I got an RMA and shipping label from DJI within about a week of my initial ticket. Once I sent it in I had it back in my hands in less than 10 days. In addition, they replaced the 2.7K advanced camera with the 4K Pro camera which was a nice surprise. So, my experience with the customer service with 2 major vendors has been very positive. I hope yours are just as positive.
Thanks, I appreciate the positive comments. I hope my DJI experience is good (my DJI is on the slow route to DJI USA and should arrive there on Monday). So far the Yuneec experience has been good, but massively slow.

I have had bad luck with drones recently. I had a Yuneec Typhoon H for 2 days and it had problems. I also had a Phantom 3 Professional for 2 days and it had problems.

Yuneec and DJI customer service were both contacted and both drones have been returned for repair or replacment. This is rather unique that I've had to deal FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME with Yuneec and DJI customer service. So for this reason, once everything is said and done, I will make a video detailing my experience with both (coming out in less than a month).

In the mean time I made two videos. One video shows my problems with the TYPHOON H and the other shows my problems with the PHANTOM 3 PROFESSIONAL. In the Description of each video I continue to update my progress with DJI and Yuneec customer service.

Here are the two videos for your entertainment (both were made for Yuneec and DJI):

Captain, what are you doing over here? It's DC ! Yes I fly DJI's too ! Nothing wrong with variety ! LOL !

Captain, what are you doing over here? It's DC ! Yes I fly DJI's too ! Nothing wrong with variety ! LOL !
Hey DC!

I'm a long time Phantom owner/pilot!. I used to go under a different names in years past (different name on each forum), but than this year I decided to use only one name for all forums/videos (easier for people to find me and easier for my old mind to remember my login) :)

I have had bad luck with drones recently. I had a Yuneec Typhoon H for 2 days and it had problems. I also had a Phantom 3 Professional for 2 days and it had problems.

Yuneec and DJI customer service were both contacted and both drones have been returned for repair or replacment. This is rather unique that I've had to deal FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME with Yuneec and DJI customer service. So for this reason, once everything is said and done, I will make a video detailing my experience with both (coming out in less than a month).

In the mean time I made two videos. One video shows my problems with the TYPHOON H and the other shows my problems with the PHANTOM 3 PROFESSIONAL. In the Description of each video I continue to update my progress with DJI and Yuneec customer service.

Here are the two videos for your entertainment (both were made for Yuneec and DJI):

The Phantom, you said you were flying in a valley, that wasn't a valley, it's a retention pond for water runoff and it happens to be empty while you're flying in it. Is it possible that construction debris from the homes that were built around it be buried in your "valley" ? Meaning there could be lots of metal junk buried under the very ground you're flying over?
Just wondering. BTW, I noted you said " oot " and not "out", so you're in Canada?

The Phantom, you said you were flying in a valley, that wasn't a valley, it's a retention pond for water runoff and it happens to be empty while you're flying in it. Is it possible that construction debris from the homes that were built around it be buried in your "valley" ? Meaning there could be lots of metal junk buried under the very ground you're flying over?
Just wondering. BTW, I noted you said " oot " and not "out", so you're in Canada?
Haha, yup in Canada!

I tried the Phantom 3 at 4 different locations before returning it to DJI. Normally, a compass problem can be fixed with compass calibration as well as IMU calibration. Sadly, this Phantom would not fix itself no matter how many IMU calibrations I did or compass calibrations. I have another Phantom 3. I looked at it's IMU/Compass settings and they were far, far different than on this defective model.

Are the Customer Service reps at DJI hired because they couldn't pass the aptitude test for the McDonalds burger flipper guy position?

DJI sends me an RMA# and a UPS shipping label. My Phantom gets shipped to them. UPS sends me an email confirming that my Phantom was delivered to the DJI offices at 9:41 am today. Tonight I contact DJI to ask what is the next step in the process. The DJI Customer Service rep tells me they can't find my package. Here is a screen shot of the conversation:

DJI WTF2.jpg

this is why I wont buy another think from dji

Why are they calling it a "drone"?
Are the Customer Service reps at DJI hired because they couldn't pass the aptitude test for the McDonalds burger flipper guy position?

DJI sends me an RMA# and a UPS shipping label. My Phantom gets shipped to them. UPS sends me an email confirming that my Phantom was delivered to the DJI offices at 9:41 am today. Tonight I contact DJI to ask what is the next step in the process. The DJI Customer Service rep tells me they can't find my package. Here is a screen shot of the conversation:

View attachment 56958

We're on the same delivery schedule! They received my P3P in at 9:41am this morning too! Just printed off the proof of delivery. Sent the bird in for cracked shell and the remote for broken right stick controller. Will let you know how it proceeds.

View attachment 56958

I would not worry too much about that. When I sent mine in, their ticket system never reflected having received it but I got the repaired bird back in just over a week.

Sounds like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

I like the comment about someone setting their lunch down on the box! Funny!

I had to wait an extra two weeks to get mine back from DJI because they sent it to the wrong customer after repair.

Too late now I guess, but the first thing that struck my eye was the carbon gimbal protector on the phantom. Its directly next to the magetometer in the landing gear and I wonder if it may influence it (carbon fibre is conductive and shields EM). Did you try the phantom without the protector? For sure, if I where to put something like that on mine, Id rather have it in kevlar or glass fiber.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik