DJI Customer service sucks

Reaction score
I have had the worst buying experience of my life buying from DJI. I purchased a phantom 3 professional (refurbished) with extra battery. Cost $749.00. Completed payment and order on 1/15/17. I Received a shipping notification with tracking # on 1/22/17. The Package weight 12 lbs and expected delivery date of 1/27/17. Took a little while to ship but still happy at this point. Received the Drone on 1/27/17. The Drone had problems out of the box. It will only connect to the DJI go app as an "Advanced" model, unable to record in 4K and will not accept professional firmware updates. I Contacted DJI tech support immediately on the issue and through their troubleshooting a case was opened for an exchange. I sent the entire package and all accessories back as directed by DJI for a replacement. This was Friday evening 1/27/17. Received a UPS shipping label over the weekend and had the package in UPS hands Monday morning on 1/30/17. Checked tracking and DJI received package on 2/3/17. Contacted DJI several times to check status of the order and finally on 2/17/17 I receive an email stating that the replacement has been approved and shipped with a tracking number. I Check the tracking and package weight shows only 5 lbs which leads me to believe that they have made a mistake and they are shipping the aircraft only (no controller, batteries, or accessories). A bit unhappy at this point as we are sitting here in yet another waiting game just to see what was shipped. If it was just the aircraft, how long will I have to wait for the controller, extra battery and accessories. Original order and payment made on 1/15/17 it is now 2/18/17. No Drone or the money spent. I have asked for expedited service but they refuse. Probably should have ordered on ebay or Amazon. Anyone else have issues from DJI.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I sent my p3 in for repair.The tech was VERY clear to me, that I was only to ship the quad.No propellers, batteries, etc.My quad was brandnew as well, and I have Zero complaints about my transaction. I hope you get all your items back.

That's great you did, however, this this was a product exchange not a repair and the form I had to fill out was very clear about returning ALL items and the CS representative said the same. I followed their directions exactly.

Reactions: donk and p3s_noob
The repair form is vague about if they needed/wanted the RC so I sent them my RC. I did get it back. It came back with instructions on how to relink your RC if you did not send yours for a repair, as they test flight repairs.
It even had about the same charge as when I sent it.
They were clear they didn't want the battery.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Im having similar problems with a very simple returns request for a couple of batteries. So far I've sent thirteen emails and been passed between sales and tech in the US, and then sales and tech in the Netherlands. Each time I've been told that the other department will resolve the issue for me but it's clear that no one is prepared to take responsibility for this simple issue. In the U.K. I thought Sky were the shining beacons of piss poor customer service but it appears that DJI have this particular award all sown up. I can only go on my personal experience but they are quite simply appalling. Having said that I do love my P3A :)

The repair form is vague about if they needed/wanted the RC so I sent them my RC. I did get it back. It came back with instructions on how to relink your RC if you did not send yours for a repair, as they test flight repairs.
It even had about the same charge as when I sent it.
They were clear they didn't want the battery.

Hopefully the same will happen in this case but again this was not a repair case. It was a return/exchange. Here is a direct copy and paste of step 5 in the email I got from DJI

"Any product returned for a refund or exchange that does not include all original accessories,attachments and packaging, cannot be processed."

Even in bold letters. Pretty clear to me.

What department was handling your claim? If it was repair department, it would likely be treated as a repair even if the solution is exchange of like kind or kind it should have been based on order.

Reactions: p3s_noob
What department was handling your claim? If it was repair department, it would likely be treated as a repair even if the solution is exchange of like kind or kind it should have been based on order.

I would assume exchange/return as all the emails refer to exchange/return process. Ups label email gave the instructions for the exchange process

I have had the worst buying experience of my life buying from DJI. I purchased a phantom 3 professional (refurbished) with extra battery. Cost $749.00. Completed payment and order on 1/15/17. I Received a shipping notification with tracking # on 1/22/17. The Package weight 12 lbs and expected delivery date of 1/27/17. Took a little while to ship but still happy at this point. Received the Drone on 1/27/17. The Drone had problems out of the box. It will only connect to the DJI go app as an "Advanced" model, unable to record in 4K and will not accept professional firmware updates. I Contacted DJI tech support immediately on the issue and through their troubleshooting a case was opened for an exchange. I sent the entire package and all accessories back as directed by DJI for a replacement. This was Friday evening 1/27/17. Received a UPS shipping label over the weekend and had the package in UPS hands Monday morning on 1/30/17. Checked tracking and DJI received package on 2/3/17. Contacted DJI several times to check status of the order and finally on 2/17/17 I receive an email stating that the replacement has been approved and shipped with a tracking number. I Check the tracking and package weight shows only 5 lbs which leads me to believe that they have made a mistake and they are shipping the aircraft only (no controller, batteries, or accessories). A bit unhappy at this point as we are sitting here in yet another waiting game just to see what was shipped. If it was just the aircraft, how long will I have to wait for the controller, extra battery and accessories. Original order and payment made on 1/15/17 it is now 2/18/17. No Drone or the money spent. I have asked for expedited service but they refuse. Probably should have ordered on ebay or Amazon. Anyone else have issues from DJI.

Hey Jopyro, I just signed up with this forum and came across your post. I am currently going through a similar situation. Except my p3p refurbished came in the pro box, but when I pulled it of the box it had a Phantom 4k face plate on it. As of right now I have been with out my drone for about 1 1/2 month and have never even had the opportunity to turn it on. Got off a chat today with service and asking them when I can expect to get my drone back, the reply was, I will pass your request along to service dept. Frustrating, yes, but I am patiently waiting. Service originally sent me an email, saying my request for exchange was declined. I never asked for an exchange, I just stated the situation. They went on to say that after testing the drone, it was in fact a p3p but had the wrong face plate on it, so they said we put on the correct face plate. However that was 2 weeks ago. How long does it take to change a face plate. No one at dji seems to know when I will get my drone back. I guess I will have to wait and see.

#- Please type your reply above this line -##
您已注册为接收此支持请求的副本(819905)。要给此请求添加一条评论,请回复此电邮。

6292c8452c90a2599ede1dbf57aaaa2b

Jensen O (Support)

8 Nov, 20:26 CST

Hi Karen,

Hope all is well.

Since after the replacement and still having a problem with your two battery, The best option that we can do for you is to create another replacement case for your battery. Here your case id number: CAS-1199094-B6W3R7. In line with this. We already noted to your case that this is the second time that you have an issue with your battery.

We will send a separate email for the instruction and detail 24 to 48 hours.

Hope we we're able to address you concern.

If there would be any concern or questions, don't hesitate to contact us and we are more than willing to serve you.

Best Regards,

John
DJI Technical Support
Tel Support: +1(818)235 0789 / Mon-Fri 7:00AM-5:00PM(PST)
Online Support: DJI Support - Here for You

adf2bad6918a86cdeeea551c9fa9d632

Karen Davis

8 Nov, 07:41 CST

Yes. One is completely dead and the other went on but as soon as it went into the aircraft, it had the two middle lights on, the others off and it’s been that ways for 48 hours.
Only one battery works. We need two replacement batteries ASAP.

f51e38863476338fde4490cf3105b039

Nick Athanassiadis

7 Nov, 22:11 CST

This is the problem!!!

After waiting for 3 MONTHS we received refurbished (recycled), not new batteries.
TWO OF THEM WERE DEAD WHEN WE RECEIVED THEM. ONE IS CONSTANTLY FLASHING THE 2 MIDDLE LIGHTS, AND THE OTHER IS NOT CHARGING.
The supervisor left us a message that DJI was out of stock(??) for batteries (if we understood correctly). These batteries are used and placed into their old packaging we sent to you.

Jensen O (Support)

7 Nov, 21:50 CST

Hi Karen,

Hope all is well.

With regard to your concern, Since the replacement of your battery has been approved we will be sending a fully functional batteries and replace the bad ones. And upon checking your case, We found out that the replacement of the battery has already been delivered to you. May we know if there still something wrong with the batteries?

Hope we we're able to address you concern.

If there would be any concern or questions, don't hesitate to contact us and we are more than willing to serve you.

Best Regards,

John
DJI Technical Support

Karen Davis

7 Nov, 06:44 CST

I don’t understand. SO does this mean you ARE sending two brand new batteries to replace the bad ones?

Jensen O (Support)

7 Nov, 04:24 CST

Hi Karen,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We are very sorry to hear about the unfortunate experience you have had with your Phantom 4 Pro Battery. Rest assured the we will do our best to address your concern.

Upon checking your case with us, your battery replacement case has already been approved and the only option that we can do for you now is to request a follow up right away.

Again we appreciate your understanding on this matter.

Best Regards,

John
DJI Technical Support

Karen Davis

6 Nov, 06:10 CST

這是對之前請求 #709867「Batteries you sold us are l...」的後續跟進

THIS IS INSANE. CASE # CAS-943895-L5F2W

Trying today to use my P4P+ parts for which have just come back from TWO times at the factory. It took from August until November to even get the 3 batteries back from DJI. They came wrapped in bubble-wrap,without a box and were pre-used. The only one of them that works is S/N 0DQAE1403103LE. The other two are not in working order. One simply will not charge — S/N 082AD7B03102DF. The other charged but when used in aircraft, firmware first said 100% upgraded, but quickly changed to an ERROR FAILURE. The two middle LED lights are remaining on and the battery will not shut down or discharge. That battery S/N is 0DQAE4V03207CG.

>>
>>> From: "April (DJI Support)" <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>>
>>> Date: August 29, 2017 at 5:43:45 PM EDT
>>> To: Karen Davis <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>>
>>> Subject: [Support] : RE Batteries you sold us are lemons
>>> Reply-To: DJI Support <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>>
>>>
>>>

Attachment(s)
IMG_4463.jpeg

Yes, DJI’s policy seems to sidestep a question or request in hopes you will shut up and go away. Their various “departments” are most likely someone with a computer generated flow chart to further frustrate customers. I tried for a month to get answers on my crash but no one knew much about my claim even with a case number. I used probably fifty emails and phone calls and most calls kept me on hold for a little over nine minutes then disconnected! Hopefully you will get some issues resolved but as you are learning DJI cares nothing about their customers and does not plan on changing.
Good luck
Jim
WA5TEF

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen