DJI Customer Service (Ribbon Cable)

Reaction score
At the begining of August I had someone do a hand catch. They caught it and I immediately shut motors off. Just before props stops spinning the guy catching it decides to let it go and thinks it will just take off again. My P2v+ fell about 4 feet to the ground detaching the camera and ripping ribbon cable. I called DJI and they said I would need a new camera and gimbal or I could senf it to thier repair office and there was a chance it could be repaired for $300. I sent it in with an my RMA and a note saying damage was 100% my fault and expected to pay full repair or replacement cost. Unit went in around 8/1. Getting updates on repair status was somewhat difficult. Then 2 weks ago I got an email

From DJI ...
"Hello Bob

Our repair department has finished servicing your Phantom 2 Vision Plus. Upon inspection and diagnosis we found that your PHANTOM 2 Vision Plus had the following issues: a damaged camera and gimbal assembly and a loose motor shaft. Our technicians performed the following repairs: replaced your camera/gimbal assembly and damaged motor, updated the firmware and calibrated the IMU. We highly advise that you perform an Advanced IMU calibration through the assistant software as the shipping process may impact the the Flight controller. Your unit has been tested and is fully operational. You will not be billed for repairs at this time as we wish to extend free repair services for you due to the delay in processing.

They did the entire repair for free even though I fully stated I would pay. Got unit back today!

I am very happy with DJI customer support.

Woweeeee

Well done DJI

And thanks for sharing !!

They need to work on their communications and speed of repair, but great to hear good stuff about DJI.

[emoji2]

dp

Awesome. I reckon there's plenty of these cases actually. It's just that, on the whole, gratitude tends to be less vehement than disappointment.

Thanks for sharing.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20