DJI Customer Service- It just keeps getting worse!

Reaction score
This is the e-mail I received last Friday (February 17th):

Dear DJI Customer,

Thank you for your continued support of DJI!

We wanted to let you know that this is the time to grab that Mavic Pro you've been eying up. This small yet powerful drone will accompany you wherever you go, turning the sky into a blank canvas ripe for your imagination.

Order before February 19th and your new Mavic Pro will ship within 1-3 business days.

I received an e-mail from DJI on Friday. They knew I had been looking to purchase a Mavic Pro and they sent me this as a way to get me to finally purchase one. Okay, I decide to go for it and ordered it that very afternoon, Friday, February 17th. I received a confirmation letter that same day and thought that all was well and that I would be receiving the drone shortly.
There is a link on the confirmation letter I received so that I could check on the progress of the shipment. This morning I checked on the status and did not see any kind of update. Having been subjected to previous incredibly bad customer service (I had to return my Phantom 4 Pro for replacement and was told I would be receiving it within 1-2 weeks and it turned out to be 3-4 weeks), I decided to attempt a Chat Session with Online Sales. I was astounded that there were only 4 people in front of me. I thought, "Wow! maybe customer support has been improved!"
When I was connected with a support technician I questioned whether the shipment date that I was promised was still valid. The agent told me that the unit was going to be delivered anywhere from March 13th- 18th! I asked if her if DJI was going to honor the date that was promised in the e-mail I received? She said that no, it would be in March as they were currently out of stock. I immediately told her to cancel my order. I mean, why have to wait as, if I ordered it from Amazon, I will get it in 3-5 days?
I will mention that this is the 3rd drone I have ordered from DJI (Phantom 4, 4 Pro and now the Mavic). I have never experienced customer service as bad as I have from DJI. Do they not care? They have your hard-earned money, now screw you?

Welcome to the club!
When buying Dji products, this is one of the things you get included in the price, thats the only reason im hesitating spending more money on a Dji product than a Phantom.
It helps buying from your local dealer tough, cause then theres their reputation on the line, rather than Dji's that dont give a flying fck about that.

Welcome to the club!
When buying Dji products, this is one of the things you get included in the price, thats the only reason im hesitating spending more money on a Dji product than a Phantom.
It helps buying from your local dealer tough, cause then theres their reputation on the line, rather than Dji's that dont give a flying fck about that.
I ordered from Amazon. I know it will be delivered when promised. They understand the Customer Service Concept.

After all the things I've read here and on the official DJI forums about customer service I refuse to purchase anything straight from DJI. With their lies, extended shipping times, horrible customer service plus an absurd return policy including high ratio of faulty products I wonder why anyone would purchase anything directly from them.

I purchased my P4P+ from Amazon with Prime and got it two days later. Just last week I saw the Mavic Pro in stock online at Best Buy and had it with me two days later. I know I can trust their shipping times, if I need a refund I'll have my money as soon as the product is returned, 30 day returns no questions asked, and excellent customer service. I'd add buying at the Apple Store or small dealers with great support and customer service like Advexure or Drone Nerds.

Reactions: AyeYo
After all the things I've read here and on the official DJI forums about customer service I refuse to purchase anything straight from DJI. With their lies, extended shipping times, horrible customer service plus an absurd return policy including high ratio of faulty products I wonder why anyone would purchase anything directly from them.

I purchased my P4P+ from Amazon with Prime and got it two days later. Just last week I saw the Mavic Pro in stock online at Best Buy and had it with me two days later. I know I can trust their shipping times, if I need a refund I'll have my money as soon as the product is returned, 30 day returns no questions asked, and excellent customer service. I'd add buying at the Apple Store or small dealers with great support and customer service like Advexure or Drone Nerds.
Thank you

You're welcome! If you're in the US keep an eye out on Best Buy. I actually found out they were in stock browsing the Mavic Pilot forum but it was just a coincidence.

I checked a few hours after ordering and they were sold out again.

China corporate culture and DJI specifically has one goal. Manufacture as many drones as possible.

Customer service is distant, distant, distant priority. DJI hires a **** ton of engineers, doesn't care about much else. Just the way it is.

It still states 1-3 days. I suspect that is accurate or very close. When I bought mine is was 3-5 and it shipped on the 5th day.I'd tend to go with what is stated on the website and not what some random customer service rep tells you.
In that you cancelled prior to that time how do you know that it would not have shipped shortly? You could not wait 2 or 3 more business days? Certainly cancelling your order and ordering some place else will end up taking longer than that.

Also,l this is the Phantom forum. There is another forum for the Mavic. Which you know as you chose to post this once in each forum. Not really appropriate.

You pretty much need to totally ignore any projected ship time indicated by the DJI Store. In reality the product will ship when it ships, and there will be no way to get any accurate estimate. The bottom line is never order from the DJI Store if a specific ship date is important to you.

It still states 1-3 days. I suspect that is accurate or very close. When I bought mine is was 3-5 and it shipped on the 5th day.I'd tend to go with what is stated on the website and not what some random customer service rep tells you.
In that you cancelled prior to that time how do you know that it would not have shipped shortly? You could not wait 2 or 3 more business days? Certainly cancelling your order and ordering some place else will end up taking longer than that.

Also,l this is the Phantom forum. There is another forum for the Mavic. Which you know as you chose to post this once in each forum. Not really appropriate.
I contacted DJI this morning as I had not received any update on the delivery. Through the chatline I was able to find out, from a Tech Support person, that the delivery was scheduled for March 13-18. Hearing it from the horse's mouth is good enough for me. As I mentioned previously, this is the 3rd drone purchased by me and I had quite a few issues getting the Phantom 4 Pro replacement for my defective Pro. They told me initially that I would receive the replacement in 1-2 weeks, where, in reality, it took 3-4 weeks. I cancelled my Mavic Pro order and went to Amazon where they guarantee it will be delivered in 3-5 days. As a matter of fact, it was shipped just hours after I ordered it on their website.

... They knew I had been looking to purchase a Mavic Pro and they sent me this as a way to get me to finally purchase one....
Actually, you weren't singled out for this. It's just a standard form advertisement they emailed out. I got the same email. I've never looked at nor had a desire to get a Mavic so they definitely didn't send it to me to convince me to "finally" purchase one. I would say that most Phantom owners got the same email.

I'd add buying at the Apple Store or small dealers with great support and customer service like Advexure.

Thank you for your support. Sorry to hear about your frustration with DJI Customer Service. Buying from a reputable dealer is very important with DJI product. A US dealer will (hopefully) understand American business practice and provide information and deliver on that information. That won't always be the case but what I can tell you about our culture here at Advexure since day one and that is that we are "no BS" and over the years our loyal customer base has come to understand the expectations they hold us to.

At this point in time I can tell you that we have Mavic Pro Combo units IN STOCK, they say in stock and you can be guaranteed that a new Mavic Pro Combo order will ship same day if it is ordered before 4pm PST. I highly doubt they'll stay in stock long and when they're out we'll provide an estimate as to when we can just about guarantee when we can fill your order. This is the simple expectation that we Americans have when shopping online or in-store, as @airbud mentioned, Chinese corporate culture and consumer expectations in China are simply different than the way we operate which causes the described frustration.

I remember when my osmo pro combo showed up on my doorstep only to open it and it was empty except batteries and extension arms. That was 3 weeks ago.

From what I've heard from an employee, DJI shipping isn't very organized and the backorders has them all bum-rushing restocks and snatching up the units because everyone in that logistics depart has a guy they owe it to. You can check in and vent to the online sales chat people every once in a while but it's in vain, out of a dozen I've got one decent one who gave me a bit of info about Cali distro getting a restock this week and that's what they are probably waiting for.

Also, apparently Chinese New Year is lit as $#*& and the mothership pretty much took a few weeks off without regard for prudent shipping to the states.

Thank you for your support. Sorry to hear about your frustration with DJI Customer Service. Buying from a reputable dealer is very important with DJI product. A US dealer will (hopefully) understand American business practice and provide information and deliver on that information. That won't always be the case but what I can tell you about our culture here at Advexure since day one and that is that we are "no BS" and over the years our loyal customer base has come to understand the expectations they hold us to.

At this point in time I can tell you that we have Mavic Pro Combo units IN STOCK, they say in stock and you can be guaranteed that a new Mavic Pro Combo order will ship same day if it is ordered before 4pm PST. I highly doubt they'll stay in stock long and when they're out we'll provide an estimate as to when we can just about guarantee when we can fill your order. This is the simple expectation that we Americans have when shopping online or in-store, as @airbud mentioned, Chinese corporate culture and consumer expectations in China are simply different than the way we operate which causes the described frustration.
Thank you for your thoughts. I wish I had known about your company as I went to Amazon, who has provided me with many examples of reliability, to get my new Mavic.

Thank you for your thoughts. I wish I had known about your company as I went to Amazon, who has provided me with many examples of reliability, to get my new Mavic.

Enjoy your Mavic! I'm sure you'll love it! :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan