DJI customer service continues to be horrible

Reaction score
Talked with PolorPro the other day and the service was great, Dan Morris was excellent to talk to.

As opposed to the conversation I had earlier with DJI. The glass on the stock filter for the P4 popped out and broke. I waited 30 minutes before talking to a customer service rep at DJI who barely spoke English. Explained the issue and asked if they would just replace the filter lens. He first said they don't have it for replacement then send I would need to send in my P4 to fix the filter, really for just the filter, are you kidding me?!?!? Put me on hold three time to check "on it". Finally he said that they have the ND8 to buy on the website which I replied that I was NOT buying. They couldn't/wouldn't even replace the filter that broke after two months for me?? I said I just talked with PolorPro the other day and the customer service was great, but DJI CS continues to be really poor. I also said that I hope the call is being recorded. I got no where with DJI, just was hoping to get the filter replaced. Ridiculous!!!!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: BKHill
Most likely you are not speaking to DJI. You are speaking to a company DJI hired to address repairs to DJI's products. The repair center can only do what DJI allows them. They really don't appear to have much authority to handle issues... only repairs.

I'd recommend that you ask to speak to a supervisor and then ask that supervisor to submit an escalated request for service. I _think_ that then goes to DJI who can make actual decisions.

Reactions: Stokes
After the horror stories i was skeptical however pleasantly suprised by service.

Contacted DJI through online chat about cracked arms. Had a shipping label by email within 24 hours. Collected next day and returned a week and one day later. Shipping cost and new shell fitted, no charge.

Talked with PolorPro the other day and the service was great, Dan Morris was excellent to talk to.

As opposed to the conversation I had earlier with DJI. The glass on the stock filter for the P4 popped out and broke. I waited 30 minutes before talking to a customer service rep at DJI who barely spoke English. Explained the issue and asked if they would just replace the filter lens. He first said they don't have it for replacement then send I would need to send in my P4 to fix the filter, really for just the filter, are you kidding me?!?!? Put me on hold three time to check "on it". Finally he said that they have the ND8 to buy on the website which I replied that I was NOT buying. They couldn't/wouldn't even replace the filter that broke after two months for me?? I said I just talked with PolorPro the other day and the customer service was great, but DJI CS continues to be really poor. I also said that I hope the call is being recorded. I got no where with DJI, just was hoping to get the filter replaced. Ridiculous!!!!

That's funny because my stock UV filter popped out recently too after unscrewing it! Just bought the PolarPro 3-pack for the P4 and am gonna end up using the better CP lens from the set for everything now. DJI is charging $38 for a UV replacement lens lol more than the $28-29 for the UV filters they have for sale haha.

Check out my thread on DJI forums: So I was unscrewing the stock UV filter...

I had one of those little pieces that pop out of the legs to get to the antenna loose and couldn't get them to send me one.

They are just pop in and our pieces and same thing, they wanted to send it in for repairs. I was dumbfounded and the people I was speaking with were in Carlson, CA

After the horror stories i was skeptical however pleasantly suprised by service.

Contacted DJI through online chat about cracked arms. Had a shipping label by email within 24 hours. Collected next day and returned a week and one day later. Shipping cost and new shell fitted, no charge.

You must live close to them. I sent my P4 back for a replacement a week and a half ago. And it took more than 48hrs to get a shipping label. And now they tell me it will take over a month to get my new P4 and they have my old one now. Which is crazy. By the way I'm in Tennessee.

DJI recently replaced my P4 in 9 days (includes shipping time), but I live only 30mi from their Carson facility. The strange thing is the paperwork said they replaced the main board. It's definitely a new drone, not a scratch on it, new serial number, and I had to register it with DJI.

Sorry to read that you did not have a great resolution. On the other hand, I can see where products need evaluation which would require sending it in. Perhaps, you did not get the resolution you wanted. Hopefully, they got you what you need. Personally, I had a similar situation with a lens on my P 4. I hesitated but ultimately sent it in. It turns out that the error was my fault due to improper instillation. Frustrating? Perhaps, but I learned more about installing the lens properly. A little on the cost side. But then again, who ever suggested that owning a droid was not going to come with some amount of costs.

Same story. Communication with DJI is horrible. Sent my crashed drone in for landing gear replacement. Received a completely new (refurbished?) drone with different SN. Took 9 days turn around. $198 total. Frustrated with the process. Delighted with the result.

I own a service company, and cannot buy most parts for repairs. Only what they have on their website. They tell me the same thing, I need to send the whole copter in for repair.

DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

Down by the middle of that page there is a parts listing for all parts. See if you can find them there on Amazon. I see a mainboard, landing gear, and some other stuff.

Update to my original post here.... I called back into DJI two weeks ago and actually talked with someone that was very helpful. He saw my first call and took care of ordering a replacement stock filter lens for me. He said it would normally take a month but he got approval to get it to me in 3 weeks. It actually showed up last week so a week later. I was shocked after initially having issue. There is hope for DJI after all, well maybe.
Good luck to everyone that has had issues with them.

Update to my original post here.... I called back into DJI two weeks ago and actually talked with someone that was very helpful. He saw my first call and took care of ordering a replacement stock filter lens for me. He said it would normally take a month but he got approval to get it to me in 3 weeks. It actually showed up last week so a week later. I was shocked after initially having issue. There is hope for DJI after all, well maybe.
Good luck to everyone that has had issues with them.

I had almost no problems at all with my P4 repairs. Glad your situation was resolved.

Positive Review: P4 DJI US repair

Reactions: Stokes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers