DJI credit card processing and shipping behaviour? - ordered P4P

Reaction score
On Thursday I ordered a P4P. It took a bit to get it to clear the MasterCard but eventually did.

Strange things.

1) The order confirmation I received (16th) from DJI showed the previous day! (Perhaps the date on the cart and not the actual order)?

2) Status is "Payment/Success" + "Shipped" but no tracking number has been received.

3) My MasterCard has not been debited yet.

Does the above sound par per your DJI orders?

You'll receive an email from the DJI Store when your order ships. You'll also find a tracking number in your DJI account. Until then, you should assume your order has not been shipped.

You'll receive an email from the DJI Store when your order ships. You'll also find a tracking number in your DJI account. Until then, you should assume your order has not been shipped.

So "shipped" below really means "packed" I guess?

upload_2017-3-20_10-38-35.png

One mystery solved: while no charge is on my MC yet, the amount of available credit reflects what has been charged plus the amount of the P4P. So I guess it is moving through the system.

(I don't have a drone at present + Beautiful weather = Mild depression + impatience).

The process takes about 10 days total. You will receive FedEx tracking and be able to track from China to you. (Just like Apple with the iPhone)

I'm not sure why they show the status as "Shipped" before the package really ships. I've seen this happen for a few of my past orders.

I'm not sure why they show the status as "Shipped" before the package really ships. I've seen this happen for a few of my past orders.

It depends on processes within the company. I worked at a company that actually billed the client for "shipped" when a final step in corrective plating was completed even though the part had not yet passed inspection, invoice inspection, movement to shipping, packing and shipment.

Now that I see my MC has "blocked" about US$2K from available credit I'm more confident that it's moving at DJI speed (highly variable). What I hate is that they seem to be about 2 - 3 weeks backlogged on batteries for the P4P.

Reactions: KevMo Photog

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj