DJI Costumer service terrible

Reaction score
Still waiting for my Phantom to be replaced, it's been a month. Got mine through UAV Products, and he is still waiting for a RMA. So seems DJI costumer service is very bad and don't care about their costumers. What makes matters worse, is I had to send it from New Zealand, and by the time it gets here, more delay in postage.

it is not good enough, My phantom has been back a month and nothing has been done.

So a warning to faulty Phantom owners be prepared to be ignored by DJI, there service is very poor.

It is possible they drag out repairs, or replacement so by the time it gets returned, your out of warranty, simply not good enough DJI.

If you email them, they ignore you and basically get the same standard email, basically saying take the issue up with the dealer, they are flogging off costumers.

Your beef is surely with the Retailer and not the manufacturer, regardless of what you think of the product unless Retail Law is so different where you are.

Well the manufacture is not giving the retailer the RMA number so the retailer cannot send it back as yet.

denodan said:
Well the manufacture is not giving the retailer the RMA number so the retailer cannot send it back as yet.
Or so your dealer says.

Right or wrong, it seems that DJI has set things up so that dealers handle support. Your dealer is supposed to be doing what it takes to make you happy. If he can't get an RMA out of DJI he should take care of it. That's what he agreed to do when he signed up to be a dealer. His first priority should be the customer and sorting out issues with DJI should come second.

jdawson said:
Have you tried to contact DJI directly yourself?

That's a big joke, they are not interested in answering you and if they do, they basically send a standard copy and paste email, saying basically go to your dealer, yet they won't even help their dealers, so they suck big time, very bad indeed.

pwright said:
denodan said:
Or so your dealer says.

Right or wrong, it seems that DJI has set things up so that dealers handle support. Your dealer is supposed to be doing what it takes to make you happy. If he can't get an RMA out of DJI he should take care of it. That's what he agreed to do when he signed up to be a dealer. His first priority should be the customer and sorting out issues with DJI should come second.

Dealers cannot handle support if DJI will not even support the dealer and seems they don't do that, but brush everyone off.

denodan said:
Dealers cannot handle support if DJI will not even support the dealer and seems they don't do that, but brush everyone off.

I'm almost under the impression that DJI is focusing on one thing: building and selling new Phantoms

My dealer included a free extra Lipo with my purchase.
How many of us have received those free Lipo's? = 0

meanwhile _everyone_ has Phantom's in stock and they continue to sell like hotcakes.

I'm hesitant to send my Phantom in, because I'm afraid it will just lanquish somewhere indefinitely.

Gizmo3000 said:
denodan said:

I'm almost under the impression that DJI is focusing on one thing: building and selling new Phantoms

meanwhile _everyone_ has Phantom's in stock and they continue to sell like hotcakes.

Well when things go wrong is when you know how good they are. And the QC has slipped from what I hear. They suck, as Mine has been away for 1 month and not yet hopeful of a replacement. DJI are crap. My case goes to show they don't support customers or even their Dealers. Wait till yours goes wrong and will be in the same situation as me, no support, and interest in customers. I regret buying mine now and if I knew the customer service was this bad, would have never bought one, but don't know these things till something goes wrong and try to get support.

Sac D said:
I'm hesitant to send my Phantom in, because I'm afraid it will just lanquish somewhere indefinitely.

Like Me take the faulty product and don't return a new one, often they drew it out so your warranty is up, so if it plays up again, not warranty left. Mine is in Limbo with no hope of a replacement. so is a warning to all, if your Phantom is faulty, then it will not be replaced very quickly at all. A month and still counting? Maybe if I am luck get one by Xmas the way they are going? LOL So wonder if I will see a replacement this side of Xmas?

If a faulty one is repaired then the warranty period is important and all the time it is away the warranty is counting down.

If they replace it for a new one the surely any warranty starts over afresh.

TBH your Beef should be with your supplier regardless of what they say to you. If they can't send it back to DJI for what ever reason, that is their problem, not yours. The item is not fit for purpose so they should repair it, replace it or give you your money back.

DJI are selling world wide. They set up Dealer Networks to retail their product just like any other manufacturer does. I have no idea what consumer law is in various countries but most put the emphasis on the supplier, that is who your contract is with. Your supplier must be able to fault diagnose or have access to a regional repair facility. It just wouldn't be practicable to keep sending these things back to DJI from all around the Globe.

If you bought direct from DJI then that is another matter and they should resolve your issues for you.

I know it is frustrating but this is a new product, their are bound to be teething problems as it has only been available for a very short period of time. Wait and buy one in a years time and they will pretty much be sorted or have gone out of business.

I was in motorcycle retail for a while and when a new machine came out there would always be issues, regardless of how thorough R&D had tried to be. Some could be minor and others terminal. The customers port of call was us, the retailer. If it was something not seen before and complicated, the fix wasn't going to be quick. If it was something known then a fix was usually available and for anything important a recall was done, either immediately or scheduled at service depending on the seriousness. The customer often found delays very annoying but any attempt by the customer to contact the Japanese Manufacturer would be met by either no reply, or advice to contact the Dealer.

I have no idea how DJI authorise suppliers. It could be direct or it could be that there is an authorised importer for various regions who then supply the suppliers. If the later is the case then there is a second line of complaint. You would have to ask your supplier where they get them from.

In the case of the motorcycle industry there were regional importers who then supplied the dealers such as Suzuki GB. Not owned by Suzuki Japan but under contract. The customer could make contact with the regional importer but the only purpose that usually served was to either advise you that the matter was in hand or to "Gee Up" a dealer dragging their heels.

A good example is Garmin. They have Regional set ups who supply retailers in those regions. Any repairs go back to the regional importer. I suspect DJI is only a small company and the emphasis is on the supplier to carry out repairs.

There are good suppliers and bad suppliers. The main difference is the good supplier will listen sympathetically and resolve the issue. A bad supplier will appear to listen sympathetically and then lay the blame anywhere but with themselves. My advise is to press you supplier and don't be fobbed off. If you are, research the consumer law for your country and establish what your rights are and if necessary confront your supplier with them.

There were always issues where customers had clearly gone against operating instructions or had done modifications that then caused a failure but would not accept that because of this it was not covered under warranty.

A classic example as far as the Phantom goes is that DJI warn against having WiFi enabled on a device on The Phantom and yet people are looking to fit powerful Trackers which may in themselves cause an issue? I would also question whether any warranty will be honoured if a Phantom has been opened up and modifications made.

Finally, while it doesn't help those who have suffered a failure, Internet Forums tend to be weighted towards a product having an issue as those that have no problems don't usually post. This can give a very biased view of the product.

Ali in Austria said:
TBH your Beef should be with your supplier regardless of what they say to you. If they can't send it back to DJI for what ever reason, that is their problem, not yours. The item is not fit for purpose so they should repair it, replace it or give you your money back.
Exactly.

Gizmo3000 said:

wholly crap, . I just got an email indicating that my "Free Lipo" is in the mail and arriving next week!
_finally_.

Gizmo3000 said:
Gizmo3000 said:

wholly crap, . I just got an email indicating that my "Free Lipo" is in the mail and arriving next week!
_finally_.

Congratulations! Good thing you are very patient, eh?

lol

Sac D said:
Gizmo3000 said:
Gizmo3000 said:

_finally_.

Congratulations! Good thing you are very patient, eh?

lol

seriously, one more week and I probably would have gone off on them (it was a bit easier to deal considering my hobbyking batteries arrived as well, those only took 14 days to reach me!)

Hopefully this also means that the parts shortage is over. (provided the cargo ship that DJI used brought over a container big enough to satisfy user demand and there won't be another shortage anytime soon)

Interested in hearing the names of dealers who are not honoring the returns/repairs.
I've not had a problem (knock on wood)...but I bought mine from the same place I bought my MK Hexa a couple years ago. Quadrocopter. Their service during that MK build was great...seeing as how I was a complete NOOB then.
Just get a little worried about a future failure...
But as Ali in Austria says...
Finally, while it doesn't help those who have suffered a failure, Internet Forums tend to be weighted towards a product having an issue as those that have no problems don't usually post. This can give a very biased view of the product.

I think they want you to contact an authorized dealer...any authorized dealer on their list. If they are dealer, they are well aware of this policy.

From: http://www.dji-innovations.com/products ... a-dealers/

Making sure you receive exceptional support and intuitive answers to your questions is extremely important to us. Below is a list of dealers tha will be able to service you every step of the way. whether you purchased from them or not!

if you have trouble getting in touch with a dealer, or aren’t receiving adequate support, please contact us at [email protected] and we will ensure you are taken care of.

jdjeff said:
if you have trouble getting in touch with a dealer, or aren’t receiving adequate support, please contact us at [email protected] and we will ensure you are taken care of.[/i]

So is it actually: [email protected]?

Or should it be: [email protected]?

If that's what it says on the site, then it shouldn't be a surprise people aren't getting responses.

Hmmmm

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic