dji coming to windows soon

I use a Surface Pro for my drone editing. It's freaking great with Windows 10. And I saw the demo of those Windows phones. They are WAY more powerful than any Android or iOS device. I hope they catch on.

...but it's not like I know a single person using a Windows phone.

I have to say.
I'm a apple person.
iPads, iPhones. MacBook Pro. iMac.

But after I watched Lightroom being used on a surface.
Blew my new i7 MacBook Pro out the water for speed and functionality.

Surface is currently taking strides out of iPad Pro.

They make windows tablets and mini laptops as well. It's not just about phones.

I don't even have a smart phone. I am by a computer almost all day, so I don't really need one in my pocket.

I have an old flip phone that sends texts and makes calls. That's all I want a phone for. When I bought my Phantom, I had to decide whether to get a tablet or a smartphone. Not only did I want a larger screen, I also didn't want to get locked into a contract with a phone that would cost me hundreds of dollars that I didn't need to spend, and that didn't count the cost of the phone.

I opted for an android nexus 7 for about $200.00. At the time, it seemed the best thing for what I wanted to do at a reasonable cost. For me, I use it exclusively for the Drone. I don't need to purchase a contract for it, I just use it.

For the times that I need internet, but don't have WiFi, or can't pre-load Google maps for where I am flying, I purchased a mobile hotspot and use pre-paid plans when I need it. Again, no contract.

I didn't really look too much into windows tablets, but I don't know why that wouldn't be an option. It wasn't for me, since it is not supported, but it looks like that may now change.

Using a full sized laptop seems a bit bulky and hard to operate, but I suppose some people would just as soon set up a station, with a chair, a sun shade and a nice full-sized monitor and control the drone from their station, rather than walking around with the controller in their hand. A windows laptop would certainly be a good choice for that kind of setup.

As a workflow. The surface will beat my apple stuff easily. It's starting to dawn on me.
It will easily beat the iPad. And I've seen it process image files better than my mbp.
I use Windows all day at work.
With the super sharp screen of surface pro. Will make the 4K look great from the p3p

I use a Surface Pro for my drone editing. It's freaking great with Windows 10. And I saw the demo of those Windows phones. They are WAY more powerful than any Android or iOS device. I hope they catch on.

...but it's not like I know a single person using a Windows phone.
I've been using a WP for a couple of years now and I love it!. Would love to see the DJI app on Windows 10 and Windows Phone 10.

Windows lost to iOS and Android. Hope they come back.

Would like to be able to use my Windows 10 ASUS Transformer Book Chi 2 in 1 for my P3A! I just use my Samsung Galaxy Note Edge smartphone now.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj