DJI.com playing the delay game with shipping

Reaction score
Ok, so I got a nice email saying that my order for P2V+ from the DJI website will be delayed last week. The said they would arrange shipping by the 25th of April. At the last minute on the 25th I did receive a confirmation that my order had been shipped via email. Today I contacted DHL as tracking information status was "Shipment information received" and I wanted to confirm that it was underway.

So "Shipment information received" basically only means that they have requested a tracking number but DHL confirmed they do not have a request to pick it up yet. Very nice (kinda sounded hot) Australian DHL Customer Service lady said that there is not even an expected pick up date.

I can't do anything to speed this up and I am an inpatient person - but I would just prefer DJI be clear about something I paid a lot of money for and when I can expect to receive it. At this stage it could still be another month away. I can't really make an informed choice to cancel an order if I just keep getting vague messages about the time frame.

My rant is done, hopefully if someone else is wondering what "Shipment information received" means then now you know.

I feel your pain, but just so you know, that's quite usual to see "Shipping info received" prior to shipping. I almost always see that, followed a few hours later (within 24 hours at latest) by an actual shipping update. It's not a scam :)

Now that being said, if you don't see any kind of update to your tracking number within a day or two, then you'd be entirely within your rights to suspect DJI of pulling a fast one! :p

You are just too impatient.

What you see is more of the norm then exception. In fact, I am surprise if I don't see what you described.

Take for example, when I sell item on eBay, the tracking number is ready and status is shown as you have indicated as soon as I purchase the postage and print out the shipping label from eBay at home.

However, the item isn't actually ship until I have had a chance to pack it up, tape it up, slap the print out on top, then take it to post office, drop it off, and for someone else at post office to scan my package.

The time from shipping label being printed to actually drop off (or pick up) by shipper AND with package scanned into their system, can be as long as 48 hours.

So I would advise waiting 48 hours to see if it shows up.

In fact, I OFTEN get the package BEFORE the status is updated when the originating location is in same state as me.

I was just being too impatient :) DJI.com > China > Australia > my home town. It's in Australia now, cleared customs earlier today and should be in my hands in the next 36 hours according to the actual person I spoke with at DHL. They have already handed it off to a private courier. I am still to impatient, but this thing looks awesome - how could I not be?

Thanks for the info, it kept me slightly on the sane side during my suffering :)

Ps. "Waiting game sucks, let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers