DJI.com or Retail Store

gCo

Reaction score
SO, today was going to be the big day I bought the p4p... we have a dji store out here in Denver so I was going to swing by there, but I just realized the DJI.com website doesn't charge taxes or shipping... Why in the world would anyone purchase at a DJI store in the US with state bs taxes?

Because the DJI website store can suck at things like charging you now and shipping months later. Also, defective merchandise is another HUGE problem as DJI QC isn't stellar. I had to take back 2 P4's to Best Buy for an same day exchange due to defects. Had I bought it out off the DJI website's store, I'd have to open an RMA with them, play email game, maybe a troubleshooting round or two which usually points to it being defective anyway, and then mailing it off and waiting weeks for them to fix it and may even get back someone elses beat-up refurb for the effort which is their option on a return. Note too the number of defective batteries out of the box. Want to wait with the online mailing and RMA game and shipping them back and forth? DJI quality and service needs a good swift kick.

If you want a good read, look at the BBB DJI complaints here: BBB Accredited Business Review for DJI Service, LLC. They get a A- score but they are a 'paying member' of BBB so the grade isn't telling and inflated. May as well be an F with 242 complaints and 74% negative overall. They also score low on Amazon too, usually below 90% which is pretty bad on Amazon when they are the seller there.

I'll take my chances with Best Buy (USA stores, not Canada.) any day over dealing with the DJI Store any day.

Very insightful haha! Thanks for information. Should I go straight to this DJI retailer or best buy? I feel like I'd be cutting out a middle man not going through best buy.

Very insightful haha! Thanks for information. Should I go straight to this DJI retailer or best buy? I feel like I'd be cutting out a middle man not going through best buy.

Depends on the DJI retailers return or exchange policy. I know Best Buy is easy with a 14 day return or exchange policy (More if your are some prime member.) from my past experience. My local hobby shop who sells drones and RC craft does not deal with exchanges or returns at all and they even stamp the register receipt in red on the back with a "Take it up with the manufacturer if you have a problem." Some online sites are also questionable on their exchange policies too, and or high restocking fees if you want a refund - if they will do that.

Wow. I was not aware of any of these issues before. I need to rethink my gameplan. Thanks man! I feel like a fool for saying "who wouldn't just buy straight from the site." LOL. But I guess that's why I joined this forum.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers