DJI Care

Reaction score
Hello all, I was recently made aware that the DJI care insurance can be purchased for my bird that is 5 months old. However, it seems to be a tedious process. A very specific video must be taken showing your UAV performing a checklist of maneuvers to ensure its operation. I have read the website and, from what I understand, can only insure my P3P for one year, after which I can no longer renew. I made sure to read it again before asking the forum, again, UAV is not eligible to be reinsured a second time. Does anyone else have more information, or perhaps an answer as to why. I can't seem to find one on the DJI website. I would jump all over it like a duck on a junebug, I'm just afraid that on the 366th day is when I undoubtedly would have a crash that would need many things fixed, that's just my luck. Perhaps I'm wrong and somebody can clarify it for me. Just seems to make more sense to allow someone to insure again after the initial time period was exhausted. Any info would be appreciated, Thank you guys.
-Matt

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I can list some reasons... don't know if this is what DJI was thinking though...

DJI already offers a 1 year warranty for defects. So this is less risk/exposure under the extra warranty. That is, it duplicates existing coverage for a charge.

As parts where out they are more likely to fail which would result in a claim. By not going beyond a year DJI limits their risk.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I can list some reasons... don't know if this is what DJI was thinking though...

DJI already offers a 1 year warranty for defects. So this is less risk/exposure under the extra warranty. That is, it duplicates existing coverage for a charge.

As parts where out they are more likely to fail which would result in a claim. By not going beyond a year DJI limits their risk.

I understand the warranty process but the insurance covers pilot error, or in other words, stupidity. Not only that, but during the insured time they will repair it as many times as needed. The catch is on a P3P you have 999 dollars worth of repairs that can be done, which is stated in the FEQ. The battery and remote aren't covered in the insurance so that leaves 999 dollars to fix the bird, electronics and motors. I still may get it and fly it like a bat out of hell just to get super comfortable before the year expires

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I understand the warranty process but the insurance covers pilot error, or in other words, stupidity.

It also covers items that are already covered under warranty. This, in effect, limits DJI's exposure under the plan. To put this another way... this plan covers defects that the warranty already covers. So really it almost only covers pilot error. If a person were to obtain the plan after a year it would then have the exposure to address all defects. Something it did not need to address under that 1st year/6 months/3 months. So after a year the exposure for this plan increases. So DJI is getting a premium price that first year and limited their exposure.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj