• yes ...positive experience

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes, awful experience

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
To All,

I read a post some months ago that said it is not a question if your drone will crash, just a matter of when. At the time of purchase it was strongly recommended to purchase the DJI Care package.

I sent my drone up to take some aerial pictures and the wind blew the Phantom 4 right into the pine tree (unfortunately was not high enough to escape), the side sensors did not prevent the Phantom 4 Pro from getting caught by the tree limbs...the propellers stopped and the drone dropped to the ground hitting the pine needles...both landing legs were broken. Hopefully in future versions they may have sturdier legs...the Phantom drop was softer as it caught the pine branches on the way down, did not hit that hard where the legs should have broken.

Now I will see how long it will take the DJI Care process will take....the support person (818-235-0789) indicated I should have a return sticker in 1-2 days and then 10-15 days for a new Phantom 4 replacement (he indicated they are not suppose to be refurbished units. The support person at least checked my DJI policy and numbers were correct and in their computer system, so that experience was a positive. I will keep any one interested in my DJI customer care experience.

Wish me luck!

MY UPS Return label to send my drone to the DJI Repair Department in Cerritos California showed up a few hours later after my call this morning...headed to the UPS center to ship the Phantom 4...great service so far! thanks DJI for your reponsivenesss

May the Gods be with you.

It seems not uncommon that getting anything back is a 1-2 month ordeal. I've never read of anyone getting anything other than a refurbished unit back, curious to see what your experience is. Everything I've read is horrific, but you never know if you're only hearing the bad stories . . .

Prepare yourself for at least 6 to 7 weeks . That's how long they had mine with numerous calls finally shipped and will be here wed. The shipping department is way behind so they say it sat in waiting to be shipped for over a week .Good luck

I sent my drone in, returned about 4 weeks after shipping it.
After a crash, no video. They replaced the camera and gimbel.

They had it about 3 weeks. I received a new unit, not refurbished. The serial number did not indicate refurbished.
Everything was working.

I thought it was efficient.

No concerns from my part. New drone, worked perfectly. They transferred the DJI care to the new Serial and gimbel number.

Repair Progress Update: DJI notified me via email that my Phantom 4 Pro had been received by the repair department on the same day it was delivered......should hear next on the results "Conduct Damage Assessment" 1-3 days...will keep everyone posted on how long that takes.

DJI keep up the great work ...I am looking to give you a great recommendation for your service in the US.

DJI Damage Assessment and quote provided 2 days after being received.
DJI Care fee for first replacement $99 for the Phantom 4 PRO, second replacement would be $149 + the $149 I paid for the initial DJI Care package....$149+$99 = $238...but DJI pays for the shipping, so perhaps I am slightly ahead using the DJI program.

I am hoping the replacement will be a new and not a refurbished unit...the support person did not know what will be the replacement unit. Support person indicated should be 2 weeks for the replacement unit....will keep this post updated. Does not appear they fix the Phantom 4, so I do not know why they even bother sending a repair quote.

Antenna Feeder 1 1 4.00 4.00
Antenna Feeder 4 1 4.00 4.00
Left Landing Gear Module 1 10.00 10.00
Phantom 4 Yaw-axis Motor V2 1 12.00 12.00
Antenna Feeder 2 1 4.00 4.00
Upper Cover (Logo) V02 1 6.00 6.00
Middle Frame 1 20.00 20.00
Antenna Feeder 3 1 4.00 4.00
Upper Cover (Logo) V03 1 6.00 6.00
Right Landing Gear Module 1 10.00 10.00
Yaw-axis Cable Cover 1 4.00 4.00
Repair Service Fee 2 65.00/H 130.00
Freight: 0.00
Total Amount: 214.00
DJI Care deduction: 0.00
Total Payment: 214.00 ....DJI Care resulted in cost being $99

payment received acknowledgement - 1 day for DJI Care Charge of $99 for the Phantom 4 Pro. Notice: "Will take 1 working day for replacement..please wait patiently" ...response from DJI has been excellent...will hopefully be sent a new unit and not a refurbished Phantom 4 Pro. Total days since receipt has been 10 calendar days.

Reactions: jcheverie
Replaced Notification = 1 day for DJI Care response....final step shown is shipping preparation/confirmation of shipment....will hopefully see a new unit versus a refurbished...I called the helpline asking for new if possible...they just do not know what will be sent. Keep up the process DJI...you are doing as you promised.

I crashed my drone hard, I have DJI Care Refresh. It was easy to set up a claim with DJI and they emailed me a shipping label right away. I went to UPS the next day and sent it off.

DJI has a timeline page where you can track each phase of the process. The only delay so far was in the shipping time. It took about six days to go from Mass to Cali. There was a weekend in there so I get it. I also dragged my feet for one day before I actually submitted my payment of $99.

Turns out I did $950.00 damage to my Phantom 4 and they offered me a replacement for the $99 deductible. Overall I am extremely pleased with their service. As you can see from my timeline, I am waiting for it to "be replaced". I'm expecting that status to update today. I will keep you posted.
DJI Timeline.jpg

Replaced Notification = 1 day for DJI Care response....final step shown is shipping preparation/confirmation of shipment....will hopefully see a new unit versus a refurbished...I called the helpline asking for new if possible...they just do not know what will be sent. Keep up the process DJI...you are doing as you promised.
How will I know if my replacement is new or refurbed?

Friday June 16, 11 calendar days (7 work days from receipt by DJI Los Angeles) from the shipping of the Phantom 4 Pro to DJI for repair
"Your Phantom 4 Pro has been tested and will be shipped within two business days."

So far the service has been quick and excellent, waiting on shipping verification and if I receive a new or refurbished Phantom 4 PRO....hoping for new!

Friday June 16 11 calendar days (7 work days from receipt by DJI Los Angeles) ....product has shipped via UPS....wow that was very fast! hopefully it will be a new Phantom 4 Pro and not refurbished...will keep everyone posted. Should take perhaps 2 days to arrive from LA to SFO via UPS.

From what I can tell from the serial numbers, it appears that since there was no damage to the camera and gimbal that they placed these components on a new Phantom 4 Pro frame...the serial number does not indicate a refurbished unit...will be wonderful to fly again...safer this time.

Phantom to be back in my hands on June 20th....I shipped it 2 days on June 5th....so 15 total days door to door...much better then the 6-8 weeks experience by others having DJI repairs. In total DJI had it for 7 total work days before shipping it back to me....great job of customer service from DJI! The Camera and Gimbel from the damaged drone has been placed on the new drone frame. I will be happy to see it up in the air again.

GM

June 20th, Phantom 4 Pro is back in my hands, brand new frame with my previous camera and gimbal installed on the Phantom. DJI met and exceeded my expectations. 16 total days including shipping to (2 days) and from the factory (2 days)...wow could be a record!

Here is my experience...16 days from start to "shipping" it's not home yet but it's on its way! Overall, I'm very happy...all things considering. It's good to know that my $1500 drone that I smashed is being replaced.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 322
Reactions: mingga

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1