Dji care refresh

Reaction score
my drone should be here in 5-10 days from amazon- sure RC. ive read about a 48 hr limit and prople having trouble getting the care. can you tell me how to get dji care? its a p4p+
thanks

Try State Farm Insurance instead...Appox. $60 a year......Search the forums on that.

To answer the question asked, go to the DJI site.
DJI Care Refresh - supported aircraft, scenarios, service process, FAQ and terms of service

Enter the info. They only let you register your drone if it is brand new. If you wait too long, they make you send them a video of the drone confirming it is in good shape.

State Farm has a following on this forum. They are not the only game and filing claims will effect future home owners insurance regardless of who you are insured with.

There are multiple options. Choose wisely.

Reactions: Tommy J 111
I've been told to register with the DJI care resh code I've purchased within 48 hours of installing DJI GO app and connecting everything up. Read the T&C's, or ask your nearest hobby retailer or better yet, DJI directly about it. I'd not dare fly my P4P without some form of insurance or protection on something that (all bits and pieces included) over AU $2000

Always better to be safe than sorry...especially if you're new to piloting a drone!

thanks Roosta, id like to get the dji go app now but do you think i should wait till i get my drone in about a week? I wonder about the 58 hr. thing?

As @msinger said above.

Like you are doing now, always better to ask plenty of questions to make sure you do things the most appropriate and correct way. Don't use your drone until you have the care refresh code you've bought. Don't download/run or try and connect the app and the drone until you're ready to activate the refresh code. Goodluck.

RoOSTA

Just my personal experience...my first drone over a year ago. I got DJI care, which was offered at that time. Crashed into a tree the second week and it fell about 50 feet. Broke support and Gimbel. Free shipping and got a refurbed one in three weeks.

About three months later, while using Litchi app, doing some flying with goggles in FPV, lost control and hit another tree. Again, gimbel damage and lost video. DJI sent back a brand new drone, not refurbished in three weeks after receipt.

It is a little slow to use the system. Which is why some replace it with a new drone while waiting for the repair.

But, in my experience, is is well worth it.

And, although State Farm sounds ok, I'm not certain if they would gladly fork out the money for two replacements in four months.

I now fly my Phantom 4 Pro plus. No accidents in six months. There is a learning curve. But the DJI refresh is nice to have as one learns how to handle the drone.

And, I got DJI refresh on the new drone. I have never used it. But it's there if I need it.

Signing up for DJI refresh is easy. Just go the DJI site, or Google DJI refresh and go to the site. They will activate and give you an electronic confirmation. Once confirmed, the drone number and amount of coverage is on the web.

Also, the coverage is a set amount. You can get the drone repaired as many times as needed. You just can't exceed the amount of the total coverage.

From my experience with DJI care Refresh its a pain in the butt!

A few interesting facts....

If you crash your drone DJI will replace it, even if its minor damage... this is ok if you have not decaled your drone like I have (so it stands out from the other drones when we all fly together). If I want to have my actual drone fixed then I have to pay for the repair or I get a new drone.

The process is very slow and flawed. Today I had three responses, (1) its being fixed, (2) Its going to cost $209 to fix under DJI Care Refresh and (3) its going to cost $100 no refresh used .... still no idea where the repair is actually up to ...... been 10 days now since i sent it......

According to tech support I have a slightly deformed YAW AXIS Gimble motor that costs $22 to replace.... it should be replaced under warranty as the drone has never been crashed.... not even landed... i always catch land it.... its just a pain in the butt! (was going to say *** but didn't want to swear).

Not a smooth or painless process by any means..... next time i buy from a dealer like RISE ABOVE that fixes drones as well as sells them... lesson learned!

Attachments

• _DSR0748.jpg
    _DSR0748.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 330
Thanks for sharing. I'll take note of that if i need to take advantage of this option.

I decided to just pay to have my drone fixed so I could keep the same drone with my custom decals! No matter how many times I argue this invoice the DJI guys just don't get it...... three days delay arguing about this invoice... not the actual paying of it but that it does not add up... do you see anything wrong with it? and can you believe these are same guys that make the Phantom Drones..... speechless.... lol

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 8.24.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 8.24.59 PM.png
    117.7 KB · Views: 442

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj