DJI Care Program... Is it worth it?

ryantrax

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
I have no experience with it but I am interested.
I don't either, that's why I was waiting for some of the community to chime in, it isn't exactly cheap but it is cheaper than replacing the camera and gimbal if something happened... not to mention a swim in a lake or a fly-away.

Reactions: Gary M
So with Neary the drone has to be recovered? What about a flyaway or drowning?

I have it for my Mavic and just had occasion to use it (oops!). First.. I was NEVER given an option for repair. I had a broken ribbon cable but they just went ahead and did a replacement. ($79) Well.. they will.. if I ever get the unit back. It's taken over a month! (still don't have it) for a REPLACEMENT. VERY slow and a million excuses. Never a straight answer. The product is great.. the support sucks.

I purchased the DJI Care Refresh ($159) for my Phantom 4 which I use professionally. I didn't for my P3S which I use all the time but am super careful.. I wish I did for my Mavic Pro, but waited too long (past the two week maximum after activation) and crashed it while panning (flying) sideways and watching the FPV on my iPhone rather than line of sight and wrecked into a tree 25 feet up which then tumbled down onto river rocks below.. Total out of pocket costs was $340 for a new camera, gimbal, gimbal ribbon and lower fuselage cover. It would have been free parts and labor had I not waited.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.