DJI Care policy coverage

Reaction score
I just purchased my very first drone last week (a P4), and decided to pick up DJI Care coverage to cover me beyond the normal warranty since I am a new drone pilot and am nervous about crashing due to my inexperience.

I am now hearing from various sources that DJI will not honor the coverage if a mishap occurs while using a 3rd party app like Litchi instead of DJI Go. I could understand their position on this, but am I missing something in the exclusions that I signed up for? I see nothing excluding the use of 3rd Party software such as Litchi. I feel like they are making up their own set of exclusions that they want to honor instead of what is actually advertised at time of policy sale.

I have questioned DJI about the policy exclusions, and they are being very squirelly and now unresponsive about it. They did hint that the wording may not mention 3rd Party software, but told me that's just the way it is. If that is truly the case, then it seems to me like they are misrepsenting their policy coverage and should be willing to refund the policy premium to me. They are unwilling to do so, and have made themselves impossible to contact about it.

I am certainly going to be using Litchi when I need autonomous planned flight for photography quality purposes; it's so much better than DJI Go.

Thank you for anyone's input on this. I understand if DJI doesn't want to cover the drone if being flown with 3rd party software, but they should be upfront about it.

How much is the premium?
One rule I followed all the time, except for car and house, I never got/use any insurance policy for anything. Between what you sign for and what you get is a big difference, for them is a for profit business and want to make money, not to pay for your loss. Also every time you use an insurance claim your credit rating goes down and one day you will find that the loan you want...well your credit is low, remember that P4 insurance claim?
My insurance policy for DJI drones is if you can not drive to the local store and buy a new one, don't get one or don't use it.
When I got my P4, first flight was in an open area with an over 7 mile round trip. Needed to know if I go home or the the store again.

Go to your local State Farm office, $40 for a years insurance against, loss, theft and breakage! no deductable

I am now hearing from various sources that DJI will not honor the coverage if a mishap occurs while using a 3rd party app like Litchi instead of DJI Go. I could understand their position on this, but am I missing something in the exclusions that I signed up for?
I highly doubt DJI would void the warranty on all parts if you fly with Litchi instead of DJI GO. Now, if a bug in Litchi causes your Phantom to crash, you should assume DJI is not going to cover the cost of that damage. Like all cases though, DJI will use the internal Phantom log to determine what caused the crash.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj