DJI carbon props !

Reaction score
DJI have just announced their own E300 carbon props for the Phantom series:

"The 9443 CFR rotor uses innovative carbon fiber reinforced composites in its manufacturing, instead of the additional glass fiber reinforced plastic. This advanced material combined with an ultra-thin profile guarantees extremely high levels of rigidity along with low amounts of inertia, to be more dynamic thrust. "

Well won't be getting them. I'm just putting it out there. Knowing my luck , I'd cut my finger off.

Hrm. I only find references to a '9443 CFR' in this thread, and the thread you linked. Searches for '9443 CF' go to all knockoff/aftermarket products.

Curious where he got this information about them being DJI retail props.

I know one of the guys answering his post is a DJI Guy. They're probably not even available yet.

Before you lock this as you did the other post , this is about DJI CARBON REINFORCED PROPS.
That we can use on are phantoms.

CmB said:
I didnt realise someone had already posted about the "official" DJI carbon props.
I found them here https://www.rcgeeks.co.uk/spares-fi...carbon-fibre-reinforced-propellers-white.html
My question was really to find out if these props are supposed to be used with the newer motors or can anyone use them ??

those are marked as 9443 style props in that ad but E300 stylr props on the DJI site ... so they will "officially" work with any motor setup i assume... even if they were "9450 thrust boosted" they would work with original motors i suppose... if you decide to try them out , post back here and let us know how they do after some solid testing :ugeek:

Mori55 said:
That's a misleading add. It says made by "DJI" , I guess I assumed it was a DJI PRODUCT !
i'm lost, it says the brand is DJI innovations. Thats the same company who make our Phantoms so wheres the issue?

the DJI part number is DJI-E300-9443CFR-Y for yellow stripe, or DJI-E300-9443CFR-W for white stripe

$17 US

Does anyone know what the weight of these props are?

I just bought two sets of these new DJI CF props. Tested them yesterday and got rolling shutter issues with them.

Observing them from the side as they spin, I have one which looks be be severely unbalanced as it vibrates about 7-10mm vertically at the tip. I've swapped them around to ensure my motors are all in order which they are, i.e, the same prop vibrates on either motor.

One of the four looks rock solid at the tip, i.e, absolutely no vertical vibration. The rest vibrate a little – probably 2-3mm vertically.

While my regular white props vibrate a little at the tips, perhaps 2-3mm, they always give me a steady flight with zero jello issues using my GP4.

I guess the worst of the four is probably causing sufficient vibration to induce rolling shutter on the footage. Not sure if the additional weight of these props may cause issues, but I won't know that until I'm sure they are all properly factory balanced.

Will send them all back and try some replacements and report back.

Not to sure about the props but this is the first time I've seen this backpack looks really nice
https://store.dji.com/product/manfrotto-dji-35-pl
Sorry for going off topic. For what it's worth I think the 9450's should be just as good as some CF props could be wrong though

Jaybee said:
I just bought two sets of these new DJI CF props. Tested them yesterday and got rolling shutter issues with them.

Observing them from the side as they spin, I have one which looks be be severely unbalanced as it vibrates about 7-10mm vertically at the tip. I've swapped them around to ensure my motors are all in order which they are, i.e, the same prop vibrates on either motor.

One of the four looks rock solid at the tip, i.e, absolutely no vertical vibration. The rest vibrate a little – probably 2-3mm vertically.

While my regular white props vibrate a little at the tips, perhaps 2-3mm, they always give me a steady flight with zero jello issues using my GP4.

I guess the worst of the four is probably causing sufficient vibration to induce rolling shutter on the footage. Not sure if the additional weight of these props may cause issues, but I won't know that until I'm sure they are all properly factory balanced.

Will send them all back and try some replacements and report back.
:D
I have not used these "DJI carbon fiber" props, but I have used simmilar 9443 c/f propellers and they are rarely balanced. Even if they said they were balanced, you should check them yourself before flight. I've found most propellers including stock DJI need adjustment. Running out of balance propellers will not only make your video worthless, but can cause fractures around the motor mounts on the airframe.
Yes, these will work fine with stock P2 as they are stock profile propellers reinforced with carbon fiber. Being heavier than the plastic props flight time will be slightly reduced.
I'm very happy with the new 9450 props which also work fine with stock birds, but are lighter and less prone to shatter.

guys, just stay away from CF props

they are dangerous, heavier, less flexible. The cons of CF props clearly outweighs any pros

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20