DJI Box broken - will they replace?

Reaction score
I got my Phantom 4 Pro a few days ago and love it - the only issue is the grey case/box it comes in has a broken lock mechanism as i cant get it to lock and if i have the case upright holding the handle it just opens up.

Will DJI replace the grey box without having to send the whole drone back? Heard mixed reviews on their support and there shut today, just wondered what people think they will do?

When you pay £1580 for something I expect it to be of a high standard (which the Drone defiantly is) but this box wont stay shut so cant transport it safely.

It reads as it is the packing box it came in. I would contact The supplier of your drone and see what they want to do about it, if you get no joy contact dji direct.

Are you referring to the box it was packaged in or a travel bag that was part of a deal you got?????

Its a grey dji box it was packaged in when it came, its got a handle on and its something you can keep it in.

Spoke with DronesDirect and they said I need to take a picture and end it to returns and they will decide what to do, hopefully dont have to send it all back as off this week.

Did you get a package deal which includes a rigid carry case? if you did then you could just ask for a discount or you may have to return the whole lot

Its a grey dji box it was packaged in when it came, its got a handle on and its something you can keep it in.

Spoke with DronesDirect and they said I need to take a picture and end it to returns and they will decide what to do, hopefully dont have to send it all back as off this week.

That box is not meant as a carry case...........use blutack if you must..... :)

BTW......mine came in a white box :)

It is unfortunate that the box the drone was shipped in is now broken. I'm not sure they'll replace it. You'll probably need to look into getting something else.

I'd keep it though so if you need to send it back to dji you can.

Reactions: John Locke
I got my Phantom 4 Pro a few days ago and love it - the only issue is the grey case/box it comes in has a broken lock mechanism as i cant get it to lock and if i have the case upright holding the handle it just opens up.
This may force you into buying a backpack, but you'll be happy after experiencing the convenience. That Styrofoam beer cooler is very limiting.

Last edited:
Yeah it is I just didnt want to have to fork out for a backpack wanted t buy a good quality one later down the line s I need to purchase a tablet thats compatible with my Phantom. I assumed the styrofoam carry case was designed to store it and move it around hence the carry handle.

Reactions: sideburn
Dji do intend for it to be used as a carry case tho, they even describe the way to store more than the stock battery in the side compartments.
Saying that tho, not sure if any seller will bend over backwards to replace one.

Sent from my F8331 using PhantomPilots mobile app

You would of thought that by spending that amount of money you would get a basic carry case even though its a cheep looking thing.
Surly they weren't expecting us to chuck it all in a carrier bag and go

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl