Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

DJI Battery's last 40 to 50 recharges ??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Birdu2, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Birdu2

My batt have arround 36 /40 recharges and i do notice a really fast discharge rate ..... and also sometimes, like i read on some comments on this video, the lights go red and my phantom goes to RTH.
    I try to fly as much as i can to improve my skills, usually without the gopro, so i can get more fly time, but becouse i use my phantom to make videos, 80% of my flights are with the camera wich gives my 10/12 min of fly per battery. I have only 3 batt and already reach less then 90% batt life on PT2 software asistant.
    Im really concern on this ...... i dont wanna lose my P2, ...... So, should i trust a batt with less then 90/85 % of life ??
    I just freak out after i watched this video ....
    Is worth it to watch it ...... from MicBergsma

Have a safe flyght :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vViFGNUjG4g

2. dptcalvin

3. N017RW

Having used LiPos in a CP 450 helis since '06, I found the DJI 'prediction' regarding 300 cycles hard to believe.

For me flying sport (not 3D) I would get about 50-60 cycles before the flight times would begin to drop to about 60%.

They would fall off fast after that.

I always charged at 1C and never discharged below 3.4 v/cell so I was not abusing themn in any way.

I see no reason for the LiPos in the smart batteries to perform any differently.

300 cycles?, Never gonna happen!