DJI Battery question P2 nonV

Reaction score
SO,
my original battery with 70 charge cycles and 77% life left has started doing some odd things. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this....
Full charge..... Flys no problem. As I watch the batt life go down on my OSD, I usually head back at about 50-45%. Tonight I had it in a hover at about 38%, about 5 ft off the ground. No problem right ?? So the batt % drops to 36% and the phantom goes straight into low battery land mode... usually around 15%. This is the the second time this has done this now, the last time out I thought it was a anomaly but took a mental note. Now with tonights flight it is happening for sure. This only happens with my #1 battery(I have 3) The other batteries are not as far down the life cycle( which actually sucks in my opinion) but I expect them to be loosing life soon as well. Gotta love this vise we are in with the batteries eh ?
I am running 1.8 having been up to 3 and jumped right back down. I know somewhere in the update fiasco I remember something on the batteries, but that was for the airframe right ? Or are these damm things talking to the CPU as well ?
Anyone else have this issue with the batteries ?

There have been a few reports with batteries at ~50% charge going into auto-descend. It sounds like the voltage gets low enough where if you punch the throttle, the voltage sags momentarily and hits and activates a trigger, which is nondefeatable. It also seems to be battery-dependent, and people have had luck exchanging batteries that exhibit this behavior at their dealer. I'd give that a shot. Auto-descend should be reliable and really shouldn't trigger unexpectedly.

Continuing on this issue,
Yesterday the same battery(#1) did the same thing, this time at 44%, as indicated on the IOSD. I know something like this was addressed in the 2.0 update....I am back to flying 1.08 for a lot of reasons. Do these damm batteries have a board that needs to be updated or is it in the bird itself ? Neither of the other two batteries do this, so.....
1. Is battery 1 failing at this point ?
2. Does it (the battery) need to somehow be updated ??
3. Is there a way to "reset" the board on these batteries ???
4..... WTF ???

P.s. I have done all the usual stuff that people will suggest I do.... Every 20 cycles, run it down and what not.... I am doing everything " by the book" with these things.....

I would try Kevin suggestion and update to 2.0 and see if you can replicate the problem. If not maybe stick with 2.0 or retire the older battery if you really want to stay on 1.8.

On another Forum one of the DJI reps in responding to the compass issue in areas of high Dec said they had to stop testing for that to focus on "Battery" problems.

I just sayin,

Tom

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.