DJI backpack

Reaction score
is it normal for the controller to be very tight to fit into the DJI backpack. (P3P)

What kind of backpack are you using? There are many.

Mine is really tight too.

I am adding strongarm reinforcements and I need to clearance the foam. Is there a preferred method of cutting it?

Sorry for the hijack.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

There are cases where RC goes in sideways, they have tight fit cases, others are not that bad.

Foam can be easily cut with a sharp knife.

Reactions: GenesisX

I am adding strongarm reinforcements and I need to clearance the foam. Is there a preferred method of cutting it?

Sorry for the hijack.

I use a thin bladed knife on everything, razor box knife works great also

Sorry for the hijack.

I have Strong Arm installed, no problem with clearance

What kind of backpack are you using? There are many.
this is the one I'm using, genuine DJI hardshell backpack.

thanks for the rest of replies
imageuploadedbyphantompilots1456630032-090072-jpg.45255

Reactions: GenesisX
this is the one I'm using, genuine DJI hardshell backpack.

thanks for the rest of replies
imageuploadedbyphantompilots1456630032-090072-jpg.45255

I have one of those too. I have also unscrewed the controller stalks to make them longer so they were fouling when I installed the controller in the case. I got a sharp knife and cut away a piece of the foam to accommodate it.

I also keep SD cards in their holders and SD card adapters in the case. I cut a small slit in the side foam to allow me to slot them in. I also keep memory cards in place by using a similar method.

Nothing worse than getting to a site and finding something missing!

I have to say though, the case isn't as comfortable on the back as some of the cheap nylon cases.

Oh and watch out if you use the straps - put them UNDER the aerials or they cold break off...

Yes, its too tight.

Also not much room for accessories (i.e. iPad or similar) will not fit or a shade.

Have you flown it yet :) :eek:

I've had two softshell backpacks and they both fit all the components very snug, which is what you want. I have found a router with a very sharp bit works quite well in cutting the styrofoam.

I've had two softshell backpacks and they both fit all the components very snug, which is what you want. I have found a router with a very sharp bit works quite well in cutting the styrofoam.

or a soldering iron :)

Yes, its too tight.

Also not much room for accessories (i.e. iPad or similar) will not fit or a shade.

Have you flown it yet :) :eek:
Just installed latest FW today and had a15 min flight in the garden.set brake @75% thats what I'm used 2. Will talk on skype

my Skype is up the shoot at present, though will try to logon later again.

My controller fits really tight in the DJI case, appears to be the device hold that folds down. The button on the side of the device holder is pressed inserting the remote into the case, extending the bracket. Really annoying, need to figure out what to shave down.

Tried using some clear scotch tape on the sides where the controller slides in. Seemed to help the controller slide in better without altering the foam. The tape even allows you to shrink the foam slightly if applied tight. I applied tape vertically and each strip was around 4-5 inches long.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic