DJI Backpack - foam/styro damage

Reaction score
Cautionary tale.
Dont pull the dji case towards you by gripping the foam cut out to pull it towards you.
I inadvertently just did this and the foam/styrofoam broke from my fingers...

So my question is this now - is there a way to fix the styrofoam - the stuff doesnt look like foam insert but more the foam you get that comes with buying a tv etc...
Im wondering if there is a special glue needed to wont melt the plastic ?

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1449588931.106240.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Reed L
U really should get in the habit of posting pics when asking for help! Can of spray adhesive should work,spray both sides, wait two min, then press together

Pics would be nice because I went with the drone crates because of the lining on top of the foam to protect it. A lot of people say that they are the same but when you look at the difference in the foam, the cases with the foam that's covered has some protection.. As far as glue, I check YouTube when I want to learn something and found this -
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Use Gorilla Glue. It is expanding poly-something-or-other. Safe to use on expanded foam materials. A spray mist of water helps it cure faster.

I used to work on EPP and EPS foamie planes a lot, Gorilla Glue is great, just don't use too much of it. If you do it will over expand.... but you can cut it wit a razor before it completely cures if needed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan