dji avl58, reviews / comments?

Reaction score
hi guys.

as i've already explained in my previous posts i just bought a phantom 2 with h3-3d gimbal.
im planning to do architecture photography/video, its not my intention to do long range flights (i know ill end doing them) so after reading a lot in the forum, youtube, etc. im planning to buy the dji avl58 solution as a fpv. so anyone here is using it?
whats your impression of it, range, etc. and most important do you recommend it?

dji says that the phantom2 has a range up to 1km, by adding the avl58 would i still have the same range (i know it depends from a lot of factors to get that distance) or does avl58 lowers the range?

im thinking to buy it because its low cost and ease to install and low range flights im planning to do.

once again,
thank you!

AVL58 is fine. It's heavier than most, but quite powerful at 500mW. I get good quality pictures out to 1000m. Use good quality antennas, though. I used a set from Horizon FPV Antennas matched to my Black Pearl monitor and the AVL58 becuase the stock DJI antennas were giving me snow at any more than 500m.

The range of the P2 you quoted is the manufacturer spec on how far the control signal from the transmitter will reach. The AVL58 won't affect that range at all. It might mean you get about 30-40 seconds less flight time due to the weight of it.

I have mine mounted to a P2 with H3-3D, GoPro, and iOSD. Using the DJI FPV Hub it was a no-solder plug-and-play solution which was easy to fit. Video of the complete install here if you're interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1rEk3CdMnE

thanks for the response pull_up

ii bought the avl58 with a pearl monitor, iosd mini and the dji hub. seems like the installation is gonna be "plug and play"

i might add a flytres, the old version not the live,
thanks again?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20