DJI Assistant Program Problems/Questions

Reaction score
Brand new P2 owner here... I downloaded the DJI assistant programs and figured I needed to check out the Phantom and the Transmitter before I attempt to fly. The programs both load without problem on my Mac - but the the first thing that comes up in the program is a little splash screen with a red bar (progress bar?) about 2/3 of the way across and the only thing that can be clicked is a "Skip" button... Clicking skip takes me to a user login screen. Following the "Register" link takes me to DJI's site where I can submit a registration - it says the registration won't be complete until I follow a link in an email DJI will send.... I never get this email. I tried yesterday and today - no email confirmation...

Now the questions...

Is it required or at least highly recommended that I connect the TX and Phantom to the computer to look over things before the first flight?

Is the Skip screen normal?

Is it required that I do this "Log In" - or can I just bypass it and go on?

rctoyguy said:
Is it required or at least highly recommended that I connect the TX and Phantom to the computer to look over things before the first flight?

Is the Skip screen normal?

Is it required that I do this "Log In" - or can I just bypass it and go on?

Yes, you definitely want to get both hooked up and calibrated/checked before flying. It'll fly if you don't, but you don't want to try it.

If it hangs on the skip screen, it means it doesn't recognize the Phantom as being connected/recognized by USB. Did you also install the DJI WIN driver? And you did install the Phantom 2 assistant and not the NAZA assistant, correct?

I believe you can skip the log in step, but I can't remember for sure.

If the driver thing doesn't work, it also depends on the USB cord used.

Apparently for me, some USB cords connect (like the one it comes with) and some doesn't (the ones I have lying around randomly).]

The manual skip also happens if the Phantom is off. If the Phantom was on before you opened the program, it would go right through.

You can tell it's connected if you see the flashing lights on the corner of the program and such.

Note that, even though the account registration process says that it requires an "activation" step, it actually doesn't. No activation email is sent, and no activation is required. Just enter the email address and password you specified when you created the account and it should work fine.

Since you're on a Mac you don't need to worry about the driver. You may, however, need to try different USB ports on your computer. The Mac version of the DJI software is picky about USB ports.

This is what works for me. Remove your props, turn on your remote controller, turn on your Phantom, plug it into your computer. Run the Phantom 2 Assistant software. Perform all the stick and switch calibrations, then perform the basic, then advanced calibration of the IMU. Acknowledge, then ignore any high temperature warnings that pop up. Unplug the Phantom from your computer and turn off Phantom, count to 10, and then turn it back on. Plug your controller into the computer and run the Remote Controller Assistant software, and perform all the sticks and switches calibrations (even if it doesn't look like it performs all the switches, do them). Unplug from computer and turn off Phantom, then controller. Turn on controller, then Phantom, plug in Phantom, run Phantom Assistant Software and perform only the advanced IMU calibration. Turn off Phantom, count to 10, turn on Phantom and check all sticks and switches for proper operation.

If you install any firmware updates, power off after doing so and then repeat entire process. While this method of calibration is perhaps excessive, I don't believe it's wrong and my Phantom flies very nicely.

The warning you may see or read warnings about being fully charged up, means your computer, your controller and your Phantom. You don't wish for the process to fail due to a dead battery, especially during a firmware update.

And of course, download and read the manuals.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav