DJI Assistant 2

Reaction score
Where do I go to find this app to download? Not very tech savvy so any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

You can find the Phantom downloads page here.

Reactions: Danoldo
Thank you all. Don't have a PC or MAC, just 3 tablets and an iPhone. I hate to buy a computer just for one app, but.....

OK. I'm using my SIL's laptop. Downloaded DJI Assistant 2 and the only option I can see is "How to connect to Inspire 2". How do I get it to work with P4PRO and to what do I connect it, controller or P4P?

Which version did you install?

I tapped Windows and exe version. The screen shot is a circle in the middle of the page showing how to connect a USB into the computer, but nothing on the other end and it doesn't say to device, controller or P4P.

Last edited:
The version number is displayed at the bottom, right corner of the DJI Assistant 2 application.

Version V1.1.0-2

How is your Phantom connected to the computer?

USB out to the plug in the side of the bird.

Try this:

1) Connect the USB cable between your Phantom and computer (use the white micro USB cable that came with your Phantom).
2) Power on your Phantom.
3) Start the DJI Assistant 2 application.

If that does not resolve your issue, then you might be facing a Windows driver issue. See this thread for more details.

I'll give it a try again as I have already tried that process twice and nothing happens with the Phantom or DJI Assistant 2 app. I'll check the "driver" issue, whatever that means.

Could be a firewall issue preventing the DJI assistant 2 from running properly. Every time I launch the app I get a pop up asking if I want the app to run. Just in case.

I don't think it's a firewall issue as the DJI Assistant 2 seems to come up OK, it just want do anything once I have it up. Tried everything and it is unresponsive. It has"How to connect to Inspire 2 ?" Under the blue circle. I click on it and a small window comes up on the right showing the connection process for an Inspire 2.
I just purchased a driver update online hoping that might make a difference. Nothing should ever be this difficult! Why can't DJI be more user friendly? The app SHOULD be available on iPads since this is what most folks use to fly the drones. Makes no sense to have to buy a laptop JUST for the one program. Not user friendly!
I do appreciate the help you guys are giving whether it fixes the problem or not.

The driver update made no difference at all. Still just the same page, but still only the Inspire 2 option.

Try a different USB port. If that does not work, try a different computer.

Thanks anyway, I've had enough. I'll just park the @$& thing until the Great DJI makes the Assistant 2 available for iPads. If not in the next few months, it goes on the block. There is no valid reason for anything being this difficult.
I really appreciate all the effort you guys put forth.

FINALLY! Turns out it was a bad connecting cable from the computer to the P4P.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31