DJI Assistant 2 Won't Connect

Reaction score
My brand new P4 straight out of the box has the forward vision sensor error. So I downloaded the assistant 2 software for PC on a windows 7 machine and it will not recognize my P4. I've followed all of the instructions on the DJI video but for some reason my PC will not recognize? As far as I know, all of the drivers were installed at the time of the software download. Any help would be much appreciated as I've been flying without the avoidance sensors working.

Hi Mate,

You do not need to have the controller connected.
When you say PC will not recognise, can you elaborate, no connection at all? Can you see your firmware etc but not get to the calibration stage? A screen shot might help?

Some things to try.
Look in the device manager to see if you have the drivers installed?
Re-install the software?
Try the software on another machine. Assistant 2 will not load on any of my Lenovo W10 machines but works on an old Windows7 32bit clunker I have at the office.

Gday Echopiece,

I had the same issue with my P4P after updating DJI Assistant 2.

I found that downgrading the Assistant from version 1.0.8 to 1.0.7 worked for me.

You might have to do a Google search to find the 1.0.7 version as DJI only has that latest (1.0.8)

I hope that helps mate.

Take care.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hi Mate,

You do not need to have the controller connected.
When you say PC will not recognise, can you elaborate, no connection at all? Can you see your firmware etc but not get to the calibration stage? A screen shot might help?

Some things to try.
Look in the device manager to see if you have the drivers installed?
Re-install the software?
Try the software on another machine. Assistant 2 will not load on any of my Lenovo W10 machines but works on an old Windows7 32bit clunker I have at the office.
Hi, once my P4 is turned on and connected to my PC, I load the Assistant 2 software and it just stays on the beginning screen where it shows to connect the usb cable to your laptop. Nothing pops up, no options to click etc. I tried 4 different USB ports on my PC. I have also tried installing on two different windows 7 64bit machines with no luck. My father has a MAC that I might try it on.

Something else I noticed... the rear LED's on the phantom were blinking yellow the entire time. I never got a solid green or blinking green. Not sure if that matters?

When I was installing the software, I kept getting warnings from my PC whether or not I wanted to install certain device drivers. Of course I accepted them all. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but ended up with the same results. I just don't know what to do, as I am afraid to fly without these sensors working. Very frustrating!

Last edited:
Gday Echopiece,

I had the same issue with my P4P after updating DJI Assistant 2.

I found that downgrading the Assistant from version 1.0.8 to 1.0.7 worked for me.

You might have to do a Google search to find the 1.0.7 version as DJI only has that latest (1.0.8)

I hope that helps mate.

Take care.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Thanks for the tip. I did a quick search and couldn't find that older version available. If anyone has the link, I would greatly appreciate it.

Did you try loading the Assistant then connect the P4 and turn it on.

Did you try loading the Assistant then connect the P4 and turn it on.
Yes I did that. I tried every combo.

I keep thinking it has something to do with the USB ports on the computer not recognizing the phantom? I tried several different ports but to no avail.

I keep thinking it has something to do with the USB ports on the computer not recognizing the phantom? I tried several different ports but to no avail.

Really!!!
Have you looked in Device Manager to see if the USB drivers have installed correctly like was mentioned in reply #3:p

Hi mate,
With your AC connected to your PC go into device manager and look for USB devices. There may be an error indicated similar to the one in the image below.

Hope this helps.

Drivers.jpg

Reactions: Echopiece
Well, DJI finally responded to my email and didn't provide much help. They simply told me to send the drone back to them for repair. I was not happy with that response. I am going to try the Assistant 2 on a Macbook Air here in the next few days. If that still doesn't work, I may try taking it back to Best Buy to see if I can return it?

That's what they said to me as well, in the end the issue was with my Lenovo Windows 10 machines it has since worked on a windows 7 machine. Stick with it before you send it back.

Reactions: Echopiece
Well, I have some very good news to report! I loaded the newest version of Assistant 2 V1.0.9 on a MacBook Air and I got the vision sensors all calibrated. I took the bird out for a quick flight and sure enough, it's avoiding objects as designed. I'm thrilled this finally worked out. I now have a lot more confidence in some longer distance flights.

On a side note, DJI sent me a customer service survey in my email tonight. I filled it out and told them how disappointed I was in their lack of troubleshooting my error. They instantly told me to send my drone back in for repairs and that was the last thing I wanted to do. With all of your help and my perseverance, I figured it out without their help.

Drone on!

Had the exact issue, but tried Rob's idea of using version 1.0.7 Initially didn't work, but then a message came up that Windows firewall was blocking things and asked my permission to allow this and I did and now it works. Check within your firewall settings if you can.

This DJI Assistant2 business has been a royal PITA for me since buying the Mavic.
I just wanted to say a big thank you to
Tylerjay24
your link to the older version has been a success for me. Hopefully the otrher that are still struggling will find their way soon too.
Im now updaing the FW in the Mavic without issue.
thanks again
Tylerjay24 I would buy you a beer if I could.
BTW I signed up just so i could say thanks.... Might have alook around now since there are such helpful peeps on this board.
Peace to all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.